Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOTEE 6C

I don't think we're looking for a saw. Ruffy said to check out the shed and stables, though. Maybe Jeb made some sinister addition a decade ago. A trap door or a hidden room. I think we should just investigate as much as we can with Jeb and Jethro around and point out or ask about anything that seems out of the ordinary or interesting.

Okay, keep looking at the floor then, could be some trap door like you said. Might be one under the hay.

To Jethro: When was this place built Jethro?

Nope, I do not recognize any of you people that came in on that there locomotive. Unfortunately, I have no clue when the barn, stable, or farmhouse was built. As far back as I can remember, it's always been here. But then, maybe you could ask the whack job, I mean my father, he might know.

Why in the sam hell are you carrying around that kettle dog? You don't seem like the type that drinks tea or soup?

Jethro, Ruffy said your father did a big repair to the barn about ten years ago. What was the repair for? Did he build any addition on to the stables at that time?

He was out here in the stable last week though. I see him stroll out here every once in a while. No clue what he does. Shall we take a look?

You make your way to the stables as the sun sets in the distance. All of you begin to feel an eerie chill upon your back, the wind blowing ever so lightly... :cry_sad: A wolf howls in the distance...

The stables are rather dark inside with hay slewn about the ground. There's some rusty farm tools hanging on one of the walls.

13.jpg

I'll have a look around the back, just to make sure there are no secret doors. You got anything you want to tell us Jeb?

While we're waiting for Jeb to answer any of the many questions we've asked him, let's take a look through this hay and at these tools. Is there a loft up in these stables? I'd look myself, but it's more fun to do stuff together...

While we're waiting for Jeb to answer any of the many questions we've asked him, let's take a look through this hay and at these tools. Is there a loft up in these stables? I'd look myself, but it's more fun to do stuff together...

And less scary too partner. Sure I'll come, but first let's quickly sweep a bit of hay off ta the side and see if there's a trap door hidin'. Inconspicuously of course!

And less scary too partner. Sure I'll come, but first let's quickly sweep a bit of hay off ta the side and see if there's a trap door hidin'. Inconspicuously of course!

I'll provide a little distraction.

Jethro, where are the horses? *huh*

Out in the corral I hope, unless some senile old man shot them for food?

Herman walks into the stables followed by Austin close behind. All of a sudden, clenching metal jaws slam tight around Herman's ankle. SNAP! :oh3:

He yells out in extreme pain!!! Then he passes out. Seems someone placed a bear trap in the hay.

Herman Richwell sustains 3 life points damage, and unless he gets the bear trap off his ankle and stops the bleading soon, he will sustain more...

Everyone quickly gathers around Herman... :oh:

Herman!? Are you okay partner? Are you okay? Just hang on a tick, we'll have this off in no time. Just calm down, calm down! Holy heck, he's passed out! Let's get this thing off him quick, he's bleeding faster than my chips at Vegas!

:sadnew: ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*bleeds*

*snort* What?...what, huh? *huh* AAAAAAAAAAAH! :cry_happy:

Look at that! I've never seen my bone before. First time for everything. If you'd have told me earlier that something like this was going to happen I would imagine I'd panic. But, I'm surprisingly rational and clear-headed. Well, then again, if you told me earlier this was going to happen, I probably wouldn't have stepped in the bear trap? Get many bears in your stable, Jethro? *huh* Oh, this hurts.

Here's what needs to happen. Jethro, you and Austin pull open this trap. Jethro, I'm sure you've seen how these work and Austin, you're from Texas. Please remove it as soon as possible. If you need more brute strength, pull Bulldog out of his timezone, please. Next I'll need Scruffy to lick my wounds and then I'll fashion a tourniquet with my belt. Whatever you do, for God's sake, don't use one of those rusty tools to pry the trap open. I haven't had a tetnis recently.

Oh crud....*continues to work at bear trap* Someone get a rag or somethin' to stop the bleeding atleast!

Holy megablocks!!! We need to get a hammer or something to pry it open. What in the sam-hell is this thing doing in the stable? There aren't any bears round these here parts! Hey Pop, why is there a bear trap in here? Did you set it for the dog? We all know you don't like him.

There should be a release switch. Oh, Austin, don't tell me you've never seen one of these. You're a Texan...

*passes out again*

*wakes up again*

All right, looks like I'll have to do this by myself.

*finds reserve of super nerd strength and pries open the bear trap. Pulling his leg out, the d20 falls out of his pocket and drops into the bear trap just as he lets go of it, snapping the beloved dice in two. Herman uses his last ounce of strength to tie his own belt around his own leg and passes out in the hay.*

I've...read a lot...about...bear trap...injuries....

*Another snap is heard and a second bear trap narrowly misses Herman's unconscious head*

*Scruffy starts to lick the wound clean*

OOC: Damn it all, if it's a blooper but I had to do something conclusive before going to bed. If I died, I'd have been pretty annoyed with myself for not trying...

* Herman comes to once again and realizes that noone is licking his wounds... it had all been just another flash of wishful thinking... then he passes out again *

* I don't lick anybody's wounds, unless I have a feeling of guilt for causing them in the first place."

Rough ruck, Rerman. You rould have seen that roming to you tho. Much as I "rike" ol man Jeb here, I can't remember him inviting you to ransack his roperty. Be more careful rext rime you rop in someone else's rable uninvited and start roopin around!

* Comes slowly through the gates of the stable, dragging along a package of bandages *

You ruys should really start ristening to me more...

Aryway, ol' man keeps his rarden shed retty tidy. Rood thing I know where he keeps rese. I think you rould find em useful, but ron't rell him who you rot em from.

* Puts bandages down next to Herman's head, then heads on out of the stable. Proper bandaging should stop the bleeding, however clumsy hands might induce even more damage here, causing Herman to lose an additional 1 life point... I guess now you'll have a chance see who your real friends are, Mr. Richwell!

Suddenly Scruffy freezes at the gates as Farmer Jeb finally steps into the frame... *

Jeb: What the ruck is goin on here!!!

*Austin sees that Herman is obviously hallucinating, believing himself to be free from the bear trap*

Oh crud, he's gone inta shock! Last try! *Austin heroically manages to free poor Herman from the trap as the dog arrives*

Thanks Scruffy for the bandages, this will stop the bleeding, though he's lost a lot of blood. Get Bulldog quick but make sure Jeb doesn't intrude, we don't know his stakes in this game of Texas Hold 'Em yet!

C'mon Herman, pull yourself together!

It's just a path through a field people. I've been quiet because I'm actually quite amused at you city folk. You get out here in this field and you get all antsy-in-the-pantsies. Farm is just up ahead now. Can you see the lights on at the house yet? Gets mighty dark out here at night don't it?

Naw, I ain't never heard of this Elizabeth Thornton lady, or whatever her name is. As for these stories about magic, and birds, and murder, no clue...There's always ramblings by crazy old people in town(shifts eyes to Jeb), but as far as I know, they all be just ramblings. I keep my nose out of that kind of business.

Anyone hear that funny sound?

what, what, oh! HERMAN buddy, Nooooo! snaps out of his funk

Its action time,Bulldog is back in sync. Helping Austin prise the Bear trap off Herman who seems to still be passed out!

Its ok Austin, I have had a nurse some nurse training previously. Quickly wraps the bandaging tightly around Hermans leg stemming the blood.

We are gonna need some wood for a crutch or splint to stabilise Herman's leg

Bulldog and Jethro examine the pile of old palings resting on the wall and find a suitable length one.

If you are out of grog Austin, we can grab some fire whiskey off Jethro and sterilize the wound!

Wipes the lather of sweat away. Well this bear trap (and the other one) were put here to stop nosey parkers like us! So Austin you and I need to press on and find just what is hidden here. Jeb we are definitely not feeling the love here, you better start talking real quick, or you are gonna get the rush of a Bulldog charge and a Texan piledriver.

Through a constant haze of passing out and waking back up.

* Herman comes to once again and realizes that noone is licking his wounds... it had all been just another flash of wishful thinking... then he passes out again *

* I don't lick anybody's wounds, unless I have a feeling of guilt for causing them in the first place."

Rough ruck, Rerman. You rould have seen that roming to you tho. Much as I "rike" ol man Jeb here, I can't remember him inviting you to ransack his roperty. Be more careful rext rime you rop in someone else's rable uninvited and start roopin around!

Bad dog! Bad dog! You can't re-write what I wrote. That's called denying the improv. The first rule of improv is to accept the circumstances already presented to you by the other actors. Very bad dog!! And Jeb invited us into the stables. I hadn't even started snooping yet...I mean I wasn't snooping! :cry_sad: How many bears do you get in here, anyway?

* Comes slowly through the gates of the stable, dragging along a package of bandages *

You ruys should really start ristening to me more...

Aryway, ol' man keeps his rarden shed retty tidy. Rood thing I know where he keeps rese. I think you rould find em useful, but ron't rell him who you rot em from.

Good dog! Good dog with bandages. :cry_happy: What? Listen to you more? That's why I'm in here in the first place! You told me I should check it out.

*Austin sees that Herman is obviously hallucinating, believing himself to be free from the bear trap*

Oh crud, he's gone inta shock! Last try! *Austin heroically manages to free poor Herman from the trap as the dog arrives*

Thanks Scruffy for the bandages, this will stop the bleeding, though he's lost a lot of blood. Get Bulldog quick but make sure Jeb doesn't intrude, we don't know his stakes in this game of Texas Hold 'Em yet!

C'mon Herman, pull yourself together!

Good Texan!

what, what, oh! HERMAN buddy, Nooooo! snaps out of his funk

Its action time,Bulldog is back in sync. Helping Austin prise the Bear trap off Herman who seems to still be passed out!

Its ok Austin, I have had a nurse some nurse training previously. Quickly wraps the bandaging tightly around Hermans leg stemming the blood.

We are gonna need some wood for a crutch or splint to stabilise Herman's leg

Bulldog and Jethro examine the pile of old palings resting on the wall and find a suitable length one.

If you are out of grog Austin, we can grab some fire whiskey off Jethro and sterilize the wound!

Wipes the lather of sweat away. Well this bear trap (and the other one) were put here to stop nosey parkers like us! So Austin you and I need to press on and find just what is hidden here. Jeb we are definitely not feeling the love here, you better start talking real quick, or you are gonna get the rush of a Bulldog charge and a Texan piledriver.

Good Bulldog!

With help from the group, Herman is able to successfully remove his leg from the bear trap. Jeb grabs a clean hankie from his pocket and begins tying the wound. "We're go'n have to clean this out, else you'll be gett'n an infection quick. I was look'n for that old trap just the other day. We do get a number of big black bears, as well as brown ones in these parts", Jeb tells, "but I know I didn't leave it in here".

"And to think, I voted you most likely to get a belly stick'n (chuckles) Stay with us city boy"! he adds.

With help from the group, Herman is able to successfully remove his leg from the bear trap. Jeb grabs a clean hankie from his pocket and begins tying the wound. "We're go'n have to clean this out, else you'll be gett'n an infection quick. I was look'n for that old trap just the other day. We do get a number of big black bears, as well as brown ones in these parts", Jeb tells, "but I know I didn't leave it in here".

"And to think, I voted you most likely to get a belly stick'n (chuckles) Stay with us city boy"! he adds.

Thanks for clearing that up, Jeb. I wasn't sure what was happening. :cry_happy: I feel better now that you're helping...and those children with blades are here. Hello evil children.

:sadnew: ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Herman, maybe it's better to lie down inside the house on a bed....I'll make a cup of tea for everybody..And I'll tell you where the food is when you're hungry...

Deal?

Herman, maybe it's better to lie down inside the house on a bed....I'll make a cup of tea for everybody..And I'll tell you where the food is when you're hungry...

Deal?

Look, a monkey! :sadnew: ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz