Sign in to follow this  
Clone OPatra

EBCTC: Spaceman Conference at Public Hall

Hi all! This is my entry into the classic town contest: A special conference of Classic Spacemen!

1st_picture.001.jpg

Let me mention all the details so you don't miss any. (All of the minifigures are displayed in my "characters" picture below.) In the bottom left of the scene there are five spaceman enthusiasts parking their truck. They have painted their truck in the five colors of the Spacemen, sloppily perhaps. They're just a little late; the conference has only just started. In the bottom right there is a couple, who both work at an Octan station, kissing in the park. The policeman in the middle of the road may be coming to tell them that love in the park is illegal. If you're wondering what that yellow square outside the Public Hall is, it's a sign for the conference, but I don't know how to print decals. Hey, LEGO is all about imagination anyway!

Now, you've seen the outside of the building, but you don't even know that there is a conference besides for me saying so. The Hall comes apart via pins, to reveal...

inside.jpg

Finally, here are all 20 minifigures with character descriptions. (There are five Spaceman Enthusiasts, but the red guy is hidden.)

cast_w_titles.001.jpg

Well, that's all for my Classic Town Contest entry, I hope you like it and I urge you to make any comments or suggestions. Brickshelf gallery, when moderated, is here, and you'll find many more detail shots within.

Thanks again for reading!

Edited by Clone O'Patra

Our first entry, in this contest. :thumbup:

This is an unique concept with combinations of both Classic Space and Classic Town, filled with nice Public Hall, to host the conference. The rooftop with the sunscreen, or solar panel, I am not sure what you called that, fit nicely at the center of the rooftop. One thing I note about your internal, is the colors of the table. You used different 2x4 colors bricks to represent each Classic Spacemen's alignment.

However, the truck does look a little bit colorful. Why don't you focus on using yellow to design it instead of using other colors too. On the other side of the park, it's simple but deliver an interesting action scene there.

Good job, and you have been featured in Classic Town.net.

This is an unique concept with combinations of both Classic Space and Classic Town

a nice idea + a nice moc = a very nice entry ^^ great job!

Wonderful idea! I really like how you combinated two classic themes as space and town, and some funny details like the couple outdoors or the space fans :tongue: Great MOC! Good luck for the contest :thumbup:

However, the truck does look a little bit colorful. Why don't you focus on using yellow to design it instead of using other colors too.

The purpose of the truck being colorful was to show that the Spaceman Enthusiasts had painted it in all five Classic Spaceman colors. Perhaps this concept did not work out as well as I'd hoped, making the truck look messy rather than painted. I'll play with it, and see if I want to take a new picture.

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments!

The purpose of the truck being colorful was to show that the Spaceman Enthusiasts had painted it in all five Classic Spaceman colors. Perhaps this concept did not work out as well as I'd hoped, making the truck look messy rather than painted. I'll play with it, and see if I want to take a new picture.

Now, I understand what you are trying to depict. :grin:

What an idea to build a conference hall using only one street baseplate. It fits wonderful though, very well done! The colours in the conference table match the astronauts, because each is sitting behind his (her ?) own colour. In the car outside this is not immediately clear, because the car colours are not aligned with the space enthousiasts. And the colours aren't unique either, all of classic town is built in 'the five colours of the Spacemen'. Only green and grey were not in use.

What I like best is the little scene in the park and the officer eager to stop that vulgarity. It makes your scene really alive and kicking.