Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Grimwell Manor

The mysterious Grimwell Manor expands once again...

grimwellmanor3sunset.jpg

grimwellmanor3.jpg

ex01.jpg

An image of the entire castle. New additions include the "West Wall" with movement of the Ghost Tower. A gate now allows entry along the west wall. In addition, a small cactus garden has been planted toward the front to create a splash of color.

ex02.jpg

In this picture, you can see the new guest room toward the back of the castle. A small Spanish fountain has also been added within the courtyard.

ex03.jpg

Lastly, a pathway of Spanish tiles have been layed in the courtyard, and when more are received, they will lead a path to the East Entrance and Front Gate.

I've rearranged the tiles a few times, removing the checkerboard pattern. I'll post a picture once complete.

In the actual Scotty's Castle, the tiles are all red, with grout. I thought the brown would break it up a bit, but still working it. Tile work is tricky. :grin:

Brickster, how did I miss this masterpiece!?! This is your finest work yet and it impresses me greatly! I love the colors, the size, and especially the architectural designs! :wub: I like the clock tower and the tiled flooring, as well as the roof and the way its set up. Do I spy a big brown barrel? Why, yes I do! The fountain and the tiled roofing is good as well. It looks big from the front, but when seen from above, it seems a bit smaller. May I recommend that you build more buildings on the inside, like maybe a bedroom if you don't have one already. And yes, tile work is tricky and takes time to make it look perfect, but you've done a swell job already. Great job Brickster!

-Lego12

Hey guys- friendly history regulator reminder- please don't "bump" old threads unless there is a reason other than "liking" the post.

I think it's a good build, though a bit too much in the same colour... have you considered adding another colour here and there, to break it up a bit? I'm thinking some sand green elements in the walls, a bit like in some of the LOTR sets maybe...? But like I said: good build, no doubt about that. :classic: