DarthSion

Star wars live action tv series

http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/961/961322p1.html

About time we heard some more news on this, seems like they are finely starting to cast characters.

And best of all Boba will be in the series.

For those living under a rock, this is a live action tv series (normal tv with people) being made by LA set between 3:RotS and 4:ANH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

Yeah mate it popped up around the same time as the clone wars.

LA is going to make a full season and then sell it to a studio.

I am excited that they are actually getting going on it. I will be curious to see an episode, but I am on the fence. If the Clone Wars is any sign of an attempt at Star Wars TV, then I am not going to get my hopes up.

The clone wars is tv at its best, so i hope this is very much like clone wars.

What do you mean "tv at it's best". There is a lot better TV than the Clone Wars.

Well, it looks good but I wonder which episode it will be in :classic: But I still think the clone wars are the best :thumbup:

What do you mean "tv at it's best". There is a lot better TV than the Clone Wars.

I see, so you hope the new series is nothing like the clone wars, so no action, no story, no comedy, no character dev, no story building, no story arcs, no emotion, all fillers, all substandard quality, and no good acting.

Might i suggest you watch heroes or battle star galactica, as they have nothing good in them.

Might i suggest you watch heroes or battle star galactica, as they have nothing good in them.

I haven't watched much of Heroes beyond the first season (which is odd because I like comic books), but to say Battlestar Galactica has nothing good in it is odd. I won't say wrong because it's an opinion, but wrong is the word I would prefer to use. It is easily the best scifi show on at the moment (which isn't saying a lot because there isn't much competition) and I would personally place it amongst the best I have seen period. Having said all that, I hope the Star Wars live action isn't a whole lot like it. BG is about people in an incredibly stressful situation with the fate of humanity (and now the Cylons) on the line so it is more about social commentary and seeing how much it takes to crack people. Star Wars really isn't about that. It is more in line with high adventure. I would like to see more of the things in BG, but Star Wars isn't that dark. This is one of the times in Star Wars (rise of the Empire) that things probably look pretty bleak in some parts so some of those elements could be present, though I believe they will be on the fringe at best because the movies really are more aimed towards kids and I expect this show to be aimed that way as well. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

the movies really are more aimed towards kids and I expect this show to be aimed that way as well. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

I think you are. :wink: Look what it says on the wookieepedia page DarthSion linked to:

On the style of the series, McCallum has stated "It is going to be much darker, much grittier, and it's much more character based."[14] Lucas has described the series as "bare-bones" and "action-heavy",[15] and has stated that it will be for more mature audiences like TV shows Battlestar Galactica and Firefly.

Isn't that exactly what you wanted to hear? :grin:

Btw, DarthSion, why did you start a new thread for the live action show? There already is one about it. :sceptic:

And please stop posting such sarcastic posts! :hmpf_bad: Everyone has a right to have his own opinion.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think you are. :wink: Look what it says on the wookieepedia page DarthSion linked to:

As bad as this sounds, since I commented on it and all, I didn't actually read the link. The only comment of any substance seemed to be that they were casting, so I assumed it was a statement that said they were casting.

Isn't that exactly what you wanted to hear? :grin:

Yes it is. I don't know how they will do it and maintain the Star Wars feel, but it should be interesting.

1. BSG WAS a sci fi, now its a soap, and a joke.

2. I searched, and found nothing.

3. Oky, as you seem to want to female canine about my posts i will tell you something you seem to not realise, no one, i repeat NO ONE is holding a gun to your head and making you read my posts, if you dont like what i say, dont read them, just ignore them, like im going to do to you.

2. I searched, and found nothing.

3. Oky, as you seem to want to female canine about my posts i will tell you something you seem to not realise, no one, i repeat NO ONE is holding a gun to your head and making you read my posts, if you dont like what i say, dont read them, just ignore them, like im going to do to you.

I think you need to calm down a little bit. Personally, I believe that the Clone Wars is too child-orientated for my taste. BSG and Heroes are amazing, especially BSG. It has intense plots, character development, and amazing twist and turns. I think Oky knows that he doesn't have to read your posts, but he is simply giving constructive criticism on how nobody likes sarcastic posts.

But the point of better scifi shows and books is to examine the human condition and propose the question, "what if?" That naturally leads to drama. When it's clearly written for adults (as BSG is), that will mean that sopa opera like things will happen. That's just how it works when you examine interpersonal relationships because people really do those things. People really do care about who is sleeping with who and they really do try to sabotage other people's relationships for numerous reasons. So, along a long enough time line, any adult scifi will take on certain soap like qualities. Like the Battletech books, for instance. They are mainly about giant human piloted robots fighting for control of the galaxy, but half the time it's about who is shacking up with who because that's what people do in stressful situations.

Edit to add:

Of course I can understand if you don't like those qualities, but don't knock the show for being something it was always going to turn out to be. It is still a scifi show. They are still having to figure out how they are going to deal with the Cylons. Can they put aside past differences and live at peace with the machines they created that tried to exterminate them? That is a scifi plot. It's the Terminator in space only a whole faction of the evil machines are wanting to switch sides. How can you not call that a scifi plot? It's more in line with scifi than 3/4 of what's in Star Wars (not a knock, I love Star Wars).

Edited by Tyrant

I see, so you hope the new series is nothing like the clone wars, so no action, no story, no comedy, no character dev, no story building, no story arcs, no emotion, all fillers, all substandard quality, and no good acting.

Your kidding me right? While that might be your opinion and your intitiled to it, i think your being a bit bias towards the clone wars. While its not a bad show, it in no way compares to hereo in term of stories, character development or acting;.. And i'm not even a fan of it.

The only people who don't like clone wars are the ones with the special edition OT dvd collection, white stain soaked princess Leia poster and a Han Solo custom in the corner of their basement/bedroom.

What makes a good TV show, it has action, emotions, good stories, story arcs, humour, character development, no fillers, good acting, high standard from one episode to the next.

Name one of those things the clone wars doesn't have, if the live action has half those things it will still be better than 99% of the crap out there.

Im gonna side with Darth Sion on this one. After all the clone wars hasn't even finished one series yet so you cant really judge it. The same happened with sarah connor chronicles: the first series was great but the second is pretty lame and dry. But im gonna say one thing to you darth sion: Don't let this argument get to ugly. After all i would hate to see another good person get banned. :wink:

I'm not going to mate, if people would look at CW as a tv show and stop the bitching over the droids voices and their hate for JarJar, and that its aimed towards children, they would see it has all the things that make up a good tv series.

Which as i said if the live action is a good as the CW it will be gold.

And if it was aimed at kids it could still be good, CW is, and just about every cgi has been great.

And yeah i agree with you there too, TSCC season 1 was awesome, season 2 hasnt been as good, mostly due to the bimbos (the Aussie Asian and the jiggling blonde, who was only put in under orders of fox).

Edited by DarthSion

Ok people lets cool the insults down here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, insulting other people is not the way to get your point of view across

On topic, this is a series I have personally been looking forward to, just to see how "dark and gritty" Lucas is going to go. :classic:

I will strongly suggest EVERYONE in this topic, which include the topic creator, DarthSion to calm down and stop making posts which is totally irrelevant to the nature of this topic or adding posts that is no value to this discussion...

I will make this very clear, stay on topic right now!

I'm not going to mate, if people would look at CW as a tv show and stop the bitching over the droids voices and their hate for JarJar, and that its aimed towards children, they would see it has all the things that make up a good tv series.

Which as i said if the live action is a good as the CW it will be gold.

And if it was aimed at kids it could still be good, CW is, and just about every cgi has been great.

And yeah i agree with you there too, TSCC season 1 was awesome, season 2 hasnt been as good, mostly due to the bimbos (the Aussie Asian and the jiggling blonde, who was only put in under orders of fox).

Relax man, its a discussion no one was critisizing you and please refrain from using words such as "bitching". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people think its bad because its not as great as the movies and others loe it for other reasons. Please respect each other's opinions. I think Whitefang has made it clear.

Back to the discussion, since casting has been set does anyone know what this is about?

It says what it is basically known about in the first post in the wiki link i posted, anything beyond that is being kept hush hush by LA.

I doubt we will find out much more for a while, it was going to air this year but more likely it will be next year.

It says what it is basically known about in the first post in the wiki link i posted, anything beyond that is being kept hush hush by LA.

I doubt we will find out much more for a while, it was going to air this year but more likely it will be next year.

Thank you! :classic: Cant wait for it!

Thank you! :classic: Cant wait for it!

No matter what my opinions of the Clone Wars, I am still excited for the show.

SPECIAL EDITION OT DVD SET ROCKS!!!

(Sorry, had to add that)