Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

Blast from the Past

I was digging out some figs last night and found some of my old custom figs (well, two of the ones aren't actually "custom"), so I decided to take some pictures.

Descriptions are on their respective Flickr photo pages.

Ancient Knight

3237724219_6efe6d6e64_m.jpg

Skull Knight

3237724033_40b5c2f93d_m.jpg

The Oracle

3238564054_443398d7c0_m.jpg

Vinyl Knight

3238563910_9710083cde_m.jpg

Old School

3238563778_4edc2eb5ac_m.jpg

Custom Accessories

3237723571_df77be2305_m.jpg

--Tony

Great stuff, Tony! I remember this Oracle very well and I didn't realize it was yours. Although I did download the torso from Classic-Castle, I believe, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

What do you use to paint your elements?

They all look very fine, I like especially that gritty shining Ancient Knight. A good work indeed. :thumbup:

Great stuff, Tony! I remember this Oracle very well and I didn't realize it was yours. Although I did download the torso from Classic-Castle, I believe, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

What do you use to paint your elements?

The gold knight used enamel based model paint, which didn't work out too well. Then again, I was 10 or 12 when I painted it the first time, so there you go.

All of the other painted elements weren't actually painted, they were dyed. I used a spray can of vinyl dye which bonds to and is absorbed by the plastic, leaving a much cleaner, smoother finish than you ever could with any form of paint.

--Tony

All of the other painted elements weren't actually painted, they were dyed. I used a spray can of vinyl dye which bonds to and is absorbed by the plastic, leaving a much cleaner, smoother finish than you ever could with any form of paint.

--Tony

How does that hold up against other elements? Does it flake off or stain the other pieces?

How does that hold up against other elements? Does it flake off or stain the other pieces?

Once its dry (and it dries reasonbly quick) it's permanent. It does not flake off, rub off, or fade. It becomes one with the plastic and does no harm to other pieces (though it does add a few microns of thickness so pieces do fit tighter than before).

--Tony