Sign in to follow this  
CPT. Jr

pirates (game)

The game in which i refer to is pirates CSG (constuctable strategy game) by wizkids inc.? I played it and collect it, i just thaught i would ask if anyone else has. It is a strategy packed game and has some very cool historical aspects

My brother and I played this game when it first came about about three or four years ago I believe it was. I have a pretty large pirate fleet someplace and he has a pretty good sized British fleet. Like most games of this kind we made our own rules and simply fought rather than collected treasure.

I actually have a collection of these aforementioned ships, that numbers around 120, which is what got me into pirates in the first place, and LEGO Pirate came directly after my collection of these. Also, I have many pieces of crew and probably enough treasure to fill a BSB.

Never heard of, but it sounds great. I've been very good at Age of Empires III and Pirates of the Caribbean, then waited for Pirates of the Burning sea, which I never had because it hasn't been released in Holland.

Now I'm waiting till 3 Februari for Empire Total War, I truely recommend that game to every pirate fan.

I don't see what this has to do with Lego Pirates but allright, it's funny to know which games are played by other Lego pirate fans. :pir-blush:

Never heard of, but it sounds great. I've been very good at Age of Empires III and Pirates of the Caribbean, then waited for Pirates of the Burning sea, which I never had because it hasn't been released in Holland.

Now I'm waiting till 3 Februari for Empire Total War, I truely recommend that game to every pirate fan.

I don't see what this has to do with Lego Pirates but allright, it's funny to know which games are played by other Lego pirate fans. :pir-blush:

It's nice to find a fellow Total War fan! :pir-classic: But sadly Empire has been delayed until March. Anyway, I have a little collection of those ships. That's actually what made me look into Lego Pirates.

i found myself fighting more than gold collecting too. However i have always liked pirates and was lucky enough to get some lego pirates sets at a garage sale lol. However our local leage has died down. Someone mentioned a pirates of the carribbean game, which one is it (theres about six of them)

Yes it's true there are a lot of them. :pir_laugh2:

Here's the one I played a lot:

Click here

The graphics don't really look good on the screenshots, while you don't need a very good pc for it. :pir-tongue:

It's a game with a high "addiction-level", once you start to play it's hard to stop with it. :pir_laugh2:

Ye Olde Pirate: Your avatar is an image of Empire total war right? :pir-blush:

edit: insert link.

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Click here

The graphics don't really look good on the screenshots, while you don't need a very good pc for it. :pir-tongue:

It's a game with a high "addiction-level", once you start to play it's hard to stop with it. :pir_laugh2:

Ye Olde Pirate: Your avatar is an image of Empire total war right? :pir-blush:

Yep. I got my avatar from the Empire Total War website. I have that Pirates of the Caribbean game too. I also have Sid Meier's Pirates. :pir-classic:

Click here

Thats neat its the exact same one that i play, i love it and modded mine, but the only problem is that you eventually run out of a storyline/ plot. I also play seadogs sometimes (its predacessor) but the graphics are just great and from my low end computer.

WizKids Pirates, I used to collect--and have cases of extras sitting around I'm trying to get rid of. Company just had the plug pulled on 'em by their corporate parent, too... you know, that ruleset would be interesting to adapt to Lego Pirates ships and bases.

They said Piratse of the Caribbean was an everlasting game, but I completed the main quest in a week. Sad thing is the game ends when you complete the main task. In the beginning I was always merchanting but it becomes boring so you'll start plundering other ships. :pir-skull: And you can do that for ages whitout completing the game. :pir-blush:

indeed but tho whole idea and gameplay was right, but i suppose there can't be an unending quest.

True, but after completing the main quest you got a ship of the line or the black pearl, and then the game ends! Not good. It would be much more fun if you could continue the game after completing the main quest so you can play with your rewards.

I've installed it again. :pir-classic:

True, but after completing the main quest you got a ship of the line or the black pearl, and then the game ends! Not good. It would be much more fun if you could continue the game after completing the main quest so you can play with your rewards.

I've installed it again. :pir-classic:

ahh, but you can i got a mod for it that lets me do that plus alot of other things

ahh, but you can i got a mod for it that lets me do that plus alot of other things

You mean "a new day" mod? I've seen it but haven't downloaded it yet. I'm currently playing it and I will download mods soon.

Thanks for the advice by the way! :pir-sweet: