Sign in to follow this  
pr0visorak

Review: 8734 Brutaka

indexed.gif

Commander: Welcome troopers! We have just received news that a historical bionicle has reappeared! You are going to be debriefed about it right now!

Troopers: Yes sir!

Commander: The name of this bionicle is called BRUTAKA

Information

Set name: Brutaka

Set number: 8734

Number of pieces: 193

Minifig: None

Theme:Bionicle

Released: middle of 2006

List price: SGD$40/Euro 17.99

To see the pictures from brickshelf:pr0visorak's brickshelf

To see pictures from bricklink:8734 Brutaka Bricklink.com

1)Welcome! Let’s begin with the box. (This box is not mine. Mine was thrown away by accident.)

lego-bionicle-brutaka_1837.jpg

2)Instructions

Front page

1_front_page.jpg

Pg29 of the instruction sheet

1_page_29.jpg

Back page

last_page.jpg

Advertising for some of the bionicle games and programs that are coming out.

3)Parts of the boinicle

The overall

1_overall.jpg

I like his double edged sword. Reminds me of a duel lightsaber!

The body

1_body_front.jpg

The front part of the body is very unique. It has the same system as every bionicle does though. It has the 2 joints to connect the hands and other parts of the body.

Back of the body

1_body_back.jpg

The 2 weapons at the back can move! It is one of its special features! I will show you later.

Right hand

1_right_hand.jpg

This is the hand carrying the sword. When the sword is taken out. It will look like the other and below. The sword can also be put in both hands!

Left hand

1_left_hand.jpg

It has a nice claw that can still be a deadly weapon!

The legs

1_leg.jpg

It is the same design for both sides. In actual size the foot is very big! The legs are also very long!

The head

1_head.jpg

This is one of the special designs of the set that I like. The eyes inside is red to give it that evil look!

4) Special design and features

2 extra knives

1_knives.jpg

It has 2 extra weapons at the back as shown before in the picture “Back of the body”. But when taken out as shown in the picture it looks as if it has 2 extra arms!

2 tubes

1_tube_1.jpg

1_tube_2.jpg

This feature makes the bionicle look cool as it is connecting to its power source. <With this power he is able to wipe out six toa(heroes) and six matorans(citizens) at one swing of his sword.>(Quote from the bionicle wilkepedia)

Detachable swords

1_double_sword.jpg

1_double_sowrd_2.jpg

His sword is able to detach itself as shown in the picture which enables him to hold it both in both of his hands.

Human Leg

1_special_leg.jpg

Brutaka’s leg is a design that is very interesting and rare. Unlike other bionicle’s legs, his has a “tube” connecting the leg together. It actually helps to support the leg better.This is quite similar to a human leg as we have a bone and a muscle that helps us to do the same.

5) Poses of Brutaka

Normal pose

1_normal_pose.jpg

Back pose

1_back_pose.jpg

1back_pose_2.jpg

Side pose

1_side_pose.jpg

1_side_pose2.jpg

The split

1_split_pose.jpg

6) Ending

1_irony.jpg

This is what happens when you come unprepared for battle!

Playability: 7.5/10 (Able to pose it to nice positions as to create a scene. Looks like a very nice decoration if you do not want to play with it.)

Design: 8.5/10 (Amazing design, I like the way they kept the balance of gold and blue bricks. I also like the way they made him look evil.)

Price: 9.5/10 (Although, I am a star wars fan and would much prefer to spend time buying Lego star wars. This set is definitely worth its price.)

Overall: 8/10 (I fell that they should have created more special features like able to shoot bullets or something like that. However, it looks very interesting and nice if you use it as a decoration for your house like leaving it on a shelf)

I would recommend this set to many people. It is really interesting and fun to build, if you are able to get the other bionicle Axel and join them together as I have. You will definitely be impressed when you remove both of them and join them together. This is a set I would recommend getting for children or committed builders of Lego!

Next review: Republic gunship

Commander:That will be all troopers!Dismissed!

Thanks for the great review. :thumbup:

I personally think that Brutaka was the best titan of 2006, and one of the best humanoid titans we've gotten. His color scheme is striking, his mask really unique, and the construction is actually fairly complex (unlike Axonn). Plus, with all those gold pieces, he's a great MOC'ing resource. :classic:

Great Review! :classic:

I disagree with grevious tht he was the Best titan o 2006, because I think V&F was the bast. However, Brutaka came in a close second. All of those gold parts are simply lovely. :thumbup:

-VBBN

Nice review. I'm a big fan of Brutaka and I have all of the other 2006 titans as well and it's safe to say that Brutaka easily outshines the rest. One of my favourite titan sets of recent years I'd have to say.

I disagree with grevious tht he was the Best titan o 2006, because I think V&F was the bast. However, Brutaka came in a close second. All of those gold parts are simply lovely

Yeah, I know a lot of people probably think that. Personally, while I love old Vezon and Fenny too, I like Brutaka even better because he's far more useful for parts. V and F do have several cool molds, but a lot of the pieces are pretty generic (I'm really sick of Bordahk and Takanuva staffs!). Still, they both are awesome. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

Yeah, I know a lot of people probably think that. Personally, while I love old Vezon and Fenny too, I like Brutaka even better because he's far more useful for parts. V and F do have several cool molds, but a lot of the pieces are pretty generic (I'm really sick of Bordahk and Takanuva staffs!). Still, they both are awesome. :wink:

Oh yes, well, I just take the staffs and sell them, or add them to my parts. You never know when you might need them. :wink:

Edited by ~VBBN~