Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

Someone needs to make a LEGO budget spreadsheet with all the new sets of the year and their prices, so you can fill in the quantity you want and see your total. Maybe I'll look into it later.

i just love the jedi starfighter...bought three sets already (20% off at target here in australia). i really admire its design...i am almost thirty and have this desire to fly it around my lounge room..lol

sorry if this is slightly off topic, but will the brickmaster program be brought to Europe as well? tlc said they would think about it, but i haven't heard anything about it since then...

You guys don't want it. It sucks. The sets aren't really NEW, and it's $40.

I was about saying the same thing :-D

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone have a pic of the tri-droid thing? I don't know whether to get this set or not, and I want to know what I get for my money.

Ah the times i have stood in my local walmart with a bag of pasta in one hand and a new lego set in the other, having to make that hard decision which one to get. I really do owe all my weight loss to lego its better than having my own treadmill :-D ;)

sorry if this is slightly off topic, but will the brickmaster program be brought to Europe as well? tlc said they would think about it, but i haven't heard anything about it since then...

how 'bout the computer program to design models. is that any good?

I wonder if they'll be making more fig-pack sets for us. Especially since the new flesh-tones render all past figs incompatible, and the new stormy legs do the same for stormies...

changing from yellow to flesh is probably one of the key-decisions from tlc. they either have to update ALL former sets, which we will ALL buy (as you say, for compatibilty reasons), or they have to come up with fig-packs, which is impossible because of the Hasbro-licence...

therefore, my conclusion is: tlc will produce several updates of major sets of the past in time :P :P :P

or perhaps this is just wishfull thinking from my part...

how 'bout the computer program to design models. is that any good?

No, and you can download it online if you want it. ;)

By fig-pack sets, I meant sets like this one, with slightly redesigned/updated sets and tons of figs. Or maybe some new sets with tons of figs. Either way, I feel we'll be seeing a lot of figs.

Plus there are much better Lego CAD programs than LDD, like BlockCad. There are more pieces and it is much easier.. and its not official! ;)

Jon.

I love this board. *wub* Everyone is so nice |-D

Anyways, I won't buy a trifighter. I will get this set and I will have: Obi-Wan starfighter x1, Anakin JSF x2, Vulture droid x3 and Tri fighter x1! Plus a juggernaut and a catamaran and a grevious chase... Anyways, it will probably be like

Who wants to trade a vulture?

I really hate those and the colors are quite useless to serve elswhere :'(

All that to get Obi's JSF, Oh well >-|

by the way, does anybody have pictures of those new mini models? according to people of fbtb.com they are in the Lego magazine...

at first i liked the trifighter and i still do... BUT:

the canopy has this modern hinge, what makes it incompatible with the "life on mars" trike's canopy. Damn! *sing*

and yes... the vultures are becomming a problem... for all the reasons that have been mentioned...

What TLC should do is put Anakin's and Obi's JSF + two trifighters (at least we wouldn't have vultures ;) ).

I know its improbable, but, to choose, I realley prefer the trifighter!!!! Kind of neet little fellow (would be better without those stickers though).

Just a thought there >-|

by the way, does anybody have pictures of those new mini models? according to people of fbtb.com they are in the Lego magazine...

at first i liked the trifighter and i still do... BUT:

the canopy has this modern hinge, what makes it incompatible with the "life on mars" trike's canopy. Damn! *sing*

and yes... the vultures are becomming a problem... for all the reasons that have been mentioned...

I got the magazine. They're pretty cool. ARC is nice.

Do you think you could scan or take a picture of the page?

EDIT - Sorry, I have just seen it in this thread.

Jon.

Whoah, nice pics! Sorry I kinda brought this topic back to life and stuff...

These 3 comic strip pages from Lego Magazine (taken from DarthViper on Rebelscum) show Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter:

http://www.cgfilms.x10hosting.com/mag_com.jpg

http://www.cgfilms.x10hosting.com/mag_com02.jpg

http://www.cgfilms.x10hosting.com/mag_com03.jpg

If that's what the final set looks like then I'm disappointed. It should be dark red instead of normal red, and it should light grey instead of dark grey. I don't think the two colours Lego have chosen go very well together. It should also have printing/stickers on the other side of the wings as well, since they are half red, half grey.

I'll get it if I can find it on it's own for a cheap-ish price though.