Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

Well i just got my set today...and i like it a lot to be honest.

The peach figs are not too bad, although i have replaced them for the yellow to match with the rest of my collection..i have a peach luke and Obi wan now :-D

Overall its a good set, didnt take too long to build. The extra imp stuff is ok..even if it is a bit of a box filler.

New stormies are nice, as is the emporers yellow eyes..overall i like it and heartely recommend it to anyone, even if like me you already own the original shuttle.

Only one gripe...it would of been nice with a pilot figure :oD

Dave

crapy :/ Useless :/ words are missing here. but its still good to get new pieces

Yep, the command station is a bit useless...i guess it adds more playability to the set but it does have some good parts.

Its a sort of "lets put it in to increase the piece count and make it a bit like the old x wing and b wing set" kind of thing, add a control centre and tool cart just to make it more interesting.

Personally i would of preferred it left out and 4 more stormies added :oD

Another gripe by the way..no vader sabre. I know its not in that bit of the film that the set refers too but it would of been nice to include it.

Now come on Lego, release a taun taun set...make me happy *satis*

Dave

adding this station is just selling trick. tlc knows that many fans already have this set and won't buy a second one just to get these minifigs, so they ad a little extra, probably with parts that are in overstock. let's face it, this set, and probably the other remakes as well, is a cheap way to improve tlc's financial balance.

I wish there was a brilliant, breath taking explenation for this that would impress all of you, but... no... it's just a selling argument. :P

Now come on Lego, release a taun taun set...make me happy *satis*

Dave

Oh yes Dave!!!

A big Hoth set with taun tauns, gun turrets (no more radars though!!), a lot of snow dudes!!!!!!

Also an Imperial Hoth set with Snow troopers, probe droid...

Or mix both in a "defense of the generator" set :-D

Hey guys, can we focus a little on the subject here ;)

Bottom line: the theme wil be back on line on the first page, when it will back on line (dot)!!!!

I really want that Obi's fighter!!!

So do I!

I thought I just would buy 2 of Anakins

and change the yellow to Dark Red pieces.

but now I don

I went to my Lego store today and guess what?

That set is a TRU and S@H exclusive (like the Y-wing & TieX1). It was such a pain in the neck taht I bought the city sweeper ;)

I'll try TRU tomorrow.

Erm if you red more carefully you would have known it. It's written in the first posts of this thread ;)

by the way, bricklink is in many ways a lot cheaper than TLC. i just bought 2500 2 x 2 bricks for 40$ (+38$ shipping costs). a 1000 of these via s&h costs 70 euro!

no bricklink is not cheaper than TLC, no doubt about it, at least if you buy entire sets. And for rare minifigs and rares pieces, its much more expensive than TLC

tru is open on sunday ?

Yep, not in Paris but a couple of kilometers away. Really not that far (not much traffic!!).

Who cares if Vader doesn't have a lightsaber, I really got a huge lot of them *wacko*

i dont care about the lightsaber, s i also have a dozen of them *g*

but vader has always a lightsaber in legosets since 1999

yes...i only have 1 pilot, from the original set..........

so...this set is out in austria, also the new ferrari sets !

when comes the new tie and the new starfighter here ?????

I bought the new starfighter 3 weeks ago (I did not care for the Tie because I did not need another one and 30

In a Lego store in Paris. They were pretty quick!! Only a couple of weeks before all the others ROTS sets Yipyyyyyyyyyyy