Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

It sure is a nice sets BUT with a LOT of defaults, I don't understand why it has such a high rating *wacko*

We can only hope that the V-Wing will be far better made ;)

Well, they did the JSF ok, so the V-wing should be pretty good - it's similar.

Also TLC did not messed up Ties so I think it should be good ;)

Well, they did make them blue....

Sure, but that's what is fun in good sets - Modification ;)

the thing is that the arc-170 doesn't seem to be an end product to me. for instance, there are gaps underneath the canopies. you can easily fill them up with four 1 x 6 tiles, without any problem at all. why didn't the designers see that... the arc is as such a nice design, it's just not finished, and you would at least expect that from TLC. it almost gives the impression that they ran out of time...

the thing is that the arc-170 doesn't seem to be an end product to me. for instance, there are gaps underneath the canopies. you can easily fill them up with four 1 x 6 tiles, without any problem at all. why didn't the designers see that... the arc is as such a nice design, it's just not finished, and you would at least expect that from TLC. it almost gives the impression that they ran out of time...

...or cut the expenses by getting rid of "unecessary" pieces :'(

Its all about cost cuttingh in todays market and thats no doubt why we have these problems with the new sets :'(

Sorry to be off topic, but concerning budget, I never understood why TLC produces really big boxes compared to the amount of pieces, having smaller packaging would be better than cutting pieces number.

Sorry to be off topic, but concerning budget, I never understood why TLC produces really big boxes compared to the amount of pieces, having smaller packaging would be better than cutting pieces number.

good point... it probably has to do with visibility, once the boxes are in the shops. Sometimes, you really have to look in a shop to find them.

good point... it probably has to do with visibility, once the boxes are in the shops. Sometimes, you really have to look in a shop to find them.

You can arrange that with better in-shop visibility: stands, posters of the sets...

And you always have internet for pics ;)

Also with the newer City sets, there are no alternate models on the back.

You can arrange that with better in-shop visibility: stands, posters of the sets...

we'll ask the people of lego in billund... how 'bout that for an answer? :P

we'll ask the people of lego in billund... how 'bout that for an answer? :P

That would definitly put an end to speculations ;)

Dipa is that bog eyed one with a jewel on her forhed, bultar swan is chinese I think, you see her in the areana.

I used to always get them mixed up.

Oh, I think I remember the Chinese one (although I doubt she's Chinese in SW).

Stands cost a lot of money to have stores put up, you know.

True but compare the numbers of carton stands in shops to the number of boxes sold.

Also, concerning packaging, they could reduce expenses with those expensive Bionicle and mini cars plastic containers

Stands cost a lot of money to have stores put up, you know.

True but compare the numbers of carton stands in shops to the number of boxes sold.

Also, concerning packaging, they could reduce expenses with those expensive Bionicle and mini cars plastic containers

I don't think it would sell THAT much more in a stand. And think of the cost of paying every store you sell to to put up a stand...

things are so quite here at the forum that i decided to post this nosejob of the ARC, that I discussed with Master Yoda, when he posted his first photos of the ARC. Besides, it will bring this thread back to topic, so at least Jon will be a very happy man :P

I've got one word for you snefroe1, SWEET *satis* :oo

Really great job with the nose, it looks better than I thought it would. That's modification: simple and really effective ;)

Thanks for the pic Sam ;)

So it is setlle then, right??? Dark red it is - yeahhhhh ;)

Sam, is this some kind of Lego MOC for CIII, or it is the model of the future set???

So it is setlle then, right??? Dark red it seems - yeahhhhh ;)

still not convinced :P

So it is setlle then, right??? Dark red it seems - yeahhhhh ;)

still not convinced :P

Blind are you :P :P