Sign in to follow this  
Manta

4915 Mini Construction 3 in 1

mc013.jpg

Today we will be interviewing Ronald McDonald, a fast food icon.

mc014.jpg

Never mind, Ronald is going to be in the hospital, so we will be reviewing this set that conveniently fell on him. The set is:

4915 Mini Construction 3 in 1

I think that this set has some nice pieces, and a few decent models in it. :thumbup:

Packaging

51l5mstgill._sl500_aa280_.jpg

The box really captures the essence of this set, creation. It shows all 3 of the models, and that inspires me to build my own models.

Set Information

Name: Mini Construction 3 in 1

Number: 4915

Year: 2007

Pieces: 68

Price: 5 USD, 3.52 EUR, 2.80 GBP

Minifigures: 0

Theme: Creator

Peeron

My Brickshelf (when moderated)

Parts

mc008.jpg

This set contains a nice assortment of parts, I love the amount of yellow and dark grey. The 6 wheels are a nice feature as well. Great value for these parts I think, it's worth the 5 dollars spent on them.

Interesting Parts

mc009.jpg

A nice assortment of interesting parts, including 2 transparent red slopes, a nice glass piece, a lever, 6 wheels, and 3 wheel connector pieces (only 2 shown.) Now let's begin building this puppy!

Model 1

This turned out to be my favorite of the 3 models in this set, and you will see why below.

Front

mc001.jpg

Well this shot turned out ok, I like how it looks like the claw is lunging out to get you. As for the set, the drivers area is very simple, but it works very well. It features a great transparent piece, which is always nice.

Side

mc002.jpg

I like this view, it shows you how the crane is built, which is fairly basic, and looks a little weird to me, a long segment followed by a short segment? I would've preferred 2 medium sized crane segments.

Top/Back View

mc003.jpg

This picture shows the top of the cab, which is very bland except for the cone/smokestack. The back's only real feature is the headlight thing.

Overall, this is my favorite model, and it earns a 15/20, for good design, but a little bland in some places, and a few minor flaws.

Model 2

This model is a forklift, and is well designed, but doesn't appeal to me as much as the crane.

Front

mc005.jpg

The cab is made the same way as model 1, and is the same as how model 3's cab will be designed. They are only really changed a slight bit to make them fit on the vehicle. The tires are not attached to the forklift, but I put them on to show it like the plastic container shows this set.

Side

mc006.jpg

This shot shows the side of the truck, showing you the back as well, which is made of two connector pieces to give it a slight bit of detailing. It looks good though, and not too blocky like some other minis Lego has designed.

This is my second favorite model in this set, and it earns an 14/20, barely loosing to the crane.

Model 3

This is my least favorite model, and I can't really tell why, I just don't like it. :sceptic:

Front View

mc010.jpg

This picture shows the cab, and a part of the trailer it is pulling. The cab is nothing new, practically the same as the last two. The only difference is that lever shown on the cab, and I can't think of what it is called on a real truck.

Side View

mc011.jpg

The trailer is made from all of the yellow plates used on this thing so far, held together by the wheel assembly. It does look like a flat-bed trailer though. It's better than the Butt Ugly Trailer Piece (BUTP) easily.

Overall, I give this model a 14/20 as well, it is well designed, and has no difference in points from model 2.

Conclusion

This set has a great selection of parts, and executes the designs well.

Set 1: 15/20

Set 2: 14/20

Set 3: 14/20

Parts: 17/20

Overall:

This set receives a 62/80

Edited by KimT
title edited

I like little sets like this one , not expensive ( 8.50CHF here in Switzerland, approximately 5€ ) and so nice! the first model is excellent!

The antennae thing on the last model looks like a smoke stack to me, and I really feel that the truck is better than the fork lift for some reason.

Finished.

Could a mod please remove the under construction from the title?

Done

All of the models are great, but the first stands out as the best.

Actually I think the truck rocks.

The first model is ok, but the truck is the best.

Number three :sick:

I like these little sets. fun to put together for a few minutes. I like a few of the parts but in general I just put this kit in with the all the rest of my lego parts.