Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

How to include names/time in quotes?

Hi, I have a question about quoting people in a post. When you click on "Reply" at the bottom of the post you want to quote first. When it opens the posting box, it has the words of the person you quoted wrapped in quote tags with their name and the time/date they posted it on top. My question is how do you get the names/date/time in the quote tags for multiple quoting in one post? My method of getting multiple quotes in a post is highlighting, copying, and pasting the words from another member on to my post, highlighting them again, and clicking the "wrap in quote tags" button. But those don't have the name/time/date, and I've seen that you can put those in, but how? Can someone please help? Thank you ahead of time. :classic:

I simply click the "Reply" button to get the quote code, then I cut it out with ctrl+x. Then I click on another "Reply" button and paste what I cut out. If I need to quote three or more persons, I cut out both the quotes I pasted in, and repeat. Fairly simple.

I simply click the "Reply" button to get the quote code, then I cut it out with ctrl+x. Then I click on another "Reply" button and paste what I cut out. If I need to quote three or more persons, I cut out both the quotes I pasted in, and repeat. Fairly simple.

Hmm, I sort of follow you, let me try quoting myself:

Hi, I have a question about quoting people in a post. When you click on "Reply" at the bottom of the post you want to quote first. When it opens the posting box, it has the words of the person you quoted wrapped in quote tags with their name and the time/date they posted it on top. My question is how do you get the names/date/time in the quote tags for multiple quoting in one post? My method of getting multiple quotes in a post is highlighting, copying, and pasting the words from another member on to my post, highlighting them again, and clicking the "wrap in quote tags" button. But those don't have the name/time/date, and I've seen that you can put those in, but how? Can someone please help? Thank you ahead of time. default_classic.gif

No, that's not it. What do you mean "click on another reply button"? When I'm in the posting box, it has smileys and quick access codes to the left, special items, font types, etc. above, attachment system, post options and post icons below. Below those are the previous 10 posts, but they are simplified when I'm posting: the posts show everything except for signatures, avatars, personal info, and reply buttons. Could there be something wrong with my computer? It's always been like that... If you mean posting the comment and then hitting another reply button? wouldn't that result in double posting?

Edited by JimButcher

You can click the "quote" button of each post you want to respond to and when you hit "add reply" it automatically quotes them all for you with the date and time.

Even after skinning the site and helping move to a new server, A Swedish Police officer had to teach me that one... :blush:

You can click the "quote" button of each post you want to respond to and when you hit "add reply" it automatically quotes them all for you with the date and time.

Even after skinning the site and helping move to a new server, A Swedish Police officer had to teach me that one... :blush:

Ah, thanks a ton! I always thought that the quote button was for giving the comment a thumbs up or a thumbs down, although I never used it, because of the "+" and "-". I tried it, and it works, so thank you! :sweet:

:grin:!

CopMike a.k.a B Gates