Sign in to follow this  
Francis Marion

Alternate Weapons for the Crown Kingdom

I have a rather boring army of Crown Knights, mostly armed with shortswords and spears (I want to take some pictures soon). I find many of these soldiers infinitely boring, and have been wondering what I could do to spruce them up a bit.

Specifically, does anybody have any recommendations for custom or non-theme weaponry?

I think your worst enemy here is a lack of imagination. There are so many different weapons to choose from in LEGO Castle alone that you just have to be brave to experiment with them.

You can create archers with both longbows and crossbows, axemen, halberdiers, give them morning stars or maces, and of course the classic lance. The large, ornate polearms that came with Fright Knights and Skeletons can also be used for good knights, in my opinion.

So there's a world of possibilities out there! :wink:

Edited by Sandy

Sandy is right. In Castle theme, there are whole load of range of variety to make use and create. In fact, there are many different type of weapons, enable you to create different platoon or battalion. Just think out of the box. :wink:

Archers' holding the crossbow, bow and quiver. Soldiers equipped with shortsword, long axe, spear, galve, knight's sword, short axe, scythe, halberd, katana, mace, pirate sword, staff, wand, and etc. Furthermore, with your imagniation, you can pull different combinations to pull in your own custom weapons. At the moment, I do not have any pictures to share with you yet. If possible, I will try and put up some, for reference.

If you have spare cash, there is always Brickforge as well.

You can always make other things. Maces can be made with one of these and a small cog or one of these things. Or if you have cash to spare you could try Brickforge. The above ideas are all good as well.

~Peace

Maces can be made with one of these and a small cog or one of these things. Or if you have cash to spare you could try

To reinforce iamded's illustration of the mace which is featured in the center. This is a very cheap way to create such type of weapons which I had used for my Skeleton Battlepack.

4main1.jpg

This is a very cheap way to create such type of weapons which I had used for my Skeleton Battlepack.

That's actually where I got the idea. Before that I just used cogs, so thanks! :laugh:

~Peace

I agree with what everyone has said here. I was never one for being creative. I always wanted my figures to look the same. But, I think that it is great to be creative.

In medieval times (and almost every other time-period) pretty much everything that isn't neccesarily a weapon, but could be used as one, was used as a weapon. The standard knights and other premium soldiers mostly had normal weapons like swords and spears, but simple farmers that where drafted in time of war would use almost everything at their disposal (mainly because weaponry and armour was very expensive).

From pitchforks, knives, axes, slingshots, improvised bola's to even simple sticks and stones etc. Looking a bit like big disorganised batallions because of different weaponry and armour/clothes.