I am building a MOC push along mower for my UORT. What I have found is that as the model turns, the wheels skid and don't turn.
One wheel is connected to a set of gears, which is used to make the blade spin. The other wheel is connected separately, no diff is in use. 

Do I need to make the attachment turn at the same time, maybe connecting this to the front wheeel, so it is controlled? If I mount this on the rear with a ball joint, it works as I expect but if I do this on the front, the mower just moves around, even if I drive it straight.

Video: https://paulbtechnic.blogspot.com/2024/05/push-mower.html
Any advice or ideas would be much appreciation.

Ever tried reversing a trailer in a perfectly straight line? It's the same issue, you can't push something straight like that, especially if you're also steering it sideways. 

Do you want the attachment to remain fixed relative to the truck?

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Ever tried reversing a trailer in a perfectly straight line? It's the same issue, you can't push something straight like that, especially if you're also steering it sideways. 

Thanks, I was thinking I might need to swap it to be rear mounted and have it swing.

29 minutes ago, Milan said:

Do you want the attachment to remain fixed relative to the truck?

Ideally I was planning on it doing that, but if I can't, happy to look at some other options.

5 minutes ago, Paul B Technic said:

Ideally I was planning on it doing that, but if I can't, happy to look at some other options.

If the attachment needs to be fixed to the truck (without swiveling), then maybe you can use one of these two solutions:

You can leave it as is, and instead of the current wheels, add a set of swivel wheels, like those on the shopping carts:

ABR-70-UNIMOG.jpg

They will allow for the attachment to move together with the truck, and the axle that is powering the attachment can be routed via the truck's back axle.

You can leave it as is, and instead of the current wheels, add a set of steering wheels. Their steering angle should be larger than that of the truck's front axle.