Sign in to follow this  
Moriboe

[SPC] Cat B - Skull Comet

Posted (edited)

This is my remake of 6279 Skull Island. I used only period appropriate pieces, with the exception of a modern hinge piece to fold in the jetty and a light brick. Pictures with more pixels (but the same poor photography) on Flickr.

53578584211_7bc59febc9_z.jpg 53578803558_9ea1b98c6b.jpg

53578801668_e2dd1190cb_z.jpg 53578801663_8707fd4148_z.jpg

After being declared obsolete, a group of old space mariners too stubborn to quit, salvaged a bunch of 2180's technology to refurbish a comet. Their latest mission saw them raiding a space station to obtain a rare geode. A buyer was quickly found: another faction past their prime, who need it for the production of their super strong magnets.

Edited by Moriboe

Space Pirates or Pirate Spaced? Nicely done with the restrictions you put on it!

This is a unique take on this category—working with period-accurate parts makes for an extra level of challenge, which you've executed very well. It's neat to imagine that someone could have built something like this 30 years ago. I see Bionicle builders do period builds to great effect—particularly when they show that more modern techniques or aesthetics can work with older pieces. It's neat to see a System take on this kind of challenge.