Sign in to follow this  
GreenhouseBricker

IDEAS - Forest Base

This is a thread for the LEGO IDEAS project Forest Base by Iyan Ha. This project has reached the 10,000 supporter threshold for consideration.

It is a gorgeous looking model and I think it has a decent shot at being selected for production. It feels like it fits really well with modern building building style and look of the recent castle set we have gotten. 

What are your thoughts on this set/model and do you think this set will be selected for production?

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f0a4d056-6b10-4993-aeec-8e16dded0c57

I believe there already is a large forrest men set coming up in the Fall. I doubt there will be two back to back but who knows?

Personally, I don't like it very much. It is way too busy for me, too much decoration. And too similar to all the other Castle builds. It is another nice MOC if you enjoy the style but I wouldn't buy it at what would probably be $240 or so.

1 hour ago, Arjo said:

I believe there already is a large forrest men set coming up in the Fall. I doubt there will be two back to back but who knows?

Oh really? I haven't heard anything about it. I know there is a BrickLink Designer Program Forest Stronghold that will go on pre-order October 1st. It that what you are referring to?

I will definitely try to get a copy of that set.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-3/1127/Forest-Stronghold

20 minutes ago, MAB said:

Personally, I don't like it very much. It is way too busy for me, too much decoration. And too similar to all the other Castle builds. It is another nice MOC if you enjoy the style but I wouldn't buy it at what would probably be $240 or so.

That's fair, the Bricklink Forest Stronghold is a lot less busy looking. Does that interest you more or are they both in the MOC category.

I don't think it will be selected. 

It is far too massive a building for a forestmen's shelter. There you expect something that is actually among the trees, but not a big block. 
Forestmen are always fun, of course, and that will draw, but should it become a set and not be very much more refined, I'm not going to spend my money on it.

Yes, the one from the BL designer programme. I’d love to buy it comes the Fall but I can only imagine the asking price will be very high.

It's a nice 'idea', but I don't love the execution. It's a bit busy for my tastes.

That said, if it were to be selected, I think a once-over from the Lego designers could see it become quite a desirable set. Some of the bones here are very good - like a wooden fort built into the trees and rocks has potential for sure. I like the set-up of the prison cell in particular.

For what it's worth, I'm not sold on the Bricklink Forestmen fort either.

I like this one, especially because the color makes this different from recent and upcoming Sets/BDP entries.

I know originally , Forestmen buildings were grey too, with black trees, but in modern times, this works, if only to set it apart from more Light Grey structures.

I'd also like to see a Black Castle structure at some point for like Wolfpack / Black Knights. 

Edited by TeriXeri