Sign in to follow this  
SpacePolice89

Can you guess the set?

I have taken some pictures that partially show various Lego sets. Can you guess which one it is? Some are pretty simple while others can be more difficult. Please do not quote the pictures when answering.

1. This one I bought in Legoland Billund

1.jpg

2. My dad gave this set to me when I was a kid. It instantly became my favorite set and still is! If you want a hint look at my username

10.jpg

3. The baseplate does not belong to the set

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

8. (The police van in the lower part of the picture does not belong to the set)

17.jpg

9. (You get an extra point if you can guess my favorite hockey team)

18.jpg

19.jpg

2.jpg

12. The gray baseplate does not belong to the set 

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

17. Sorry about the dust

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

20. This minifig is unique to this set

28.jpg

21. This picture has two correct answers

3.jpg

22. A similar set is also available in yellow

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Yes, I recognize almost all of these (not sure exactly sure on a Town set or 2) and have most of them in my collection as well!
I won't spoil the game by giving answers, so you'll have to assume I am correct...

A couple questions/comments by picture number:
1. Does the set include the baseplates, bricks, and print in the picture?  Was this a special LEGOLAND-only release?
6. After wishing for years, I finally ordered this set and it was delivered today, so I am anxious to complete work and go home to build it!
22. I have the yellow one complete with box and instructions.
24. One of my recent favorites!
25. One of my top favorite sets!  I collected parts over several years and finally just this week sorted out 2 copies of this set; currently awaiting BrickLink delivery including 2 special printed slopes to complete the second copy.
27. I got this set from a friend when I was about 18 years old since he "grew too old for LEGO" and gave me his collection for free; I am quite happy today to have it.

This is my era (born in early 1990's) and LEGO is a big part of my life, so I always enjoy a trip down memory lane like this picture set.

As a Space fan of the 80s and early 90s I definitely recognize a few.

Number 2 is clearly the:

Spoiler

6886: Galactic Peace Keeper

Number 3 seems to be the droid from:

Spoiler

6931: FX Star Patroller

Number 6 looks like:

Spoiler

6982 Explorien Starship

Number 12 I see a:

Spoiler

6850: Auxiliary Patroller

Number 19 might be the:

Spoiler

6925: Interplanetary Rover

Number 23 looks like a:

Spoiler

6897: Rebel Hunter

Number 24 is definitely the:

Spoiler

10497: Galactic Explorer (2022)

Number 25 is one of my own youth memories, clearly the:

Spoiler

6923: M-Tron Particle Ionizer

Edited by JesseNight
Added few more

13 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Yes, I recognize almost all of these (not sure exactly sure on a Town set or 2) and have most of them in my collection as well!
I won't spoil the game by giving answers, so you'll have to assume I am correct...

A couple questions/comments by picture number:
1. Does the set include the baseplates, bricks, and print in the picture?  Was this a special LEGOLAND-only release?
6. After wishing for years, I finally ordered this set and it was delivered today, so I am anxious to complete work and go home to build it!
22. I have the yellow one complete with box and instructions.
24. One of my recent favorites!
25. One of my top favorite sets!  I collected parts over several years and finally just this week sorted out 2 copies of this set; currently awaiting BrickLink delivery including 2 special printed slopes to complete the second copy.
27. I got this set from a friend when I was about 18 years old since he "grew too old for LEGO" and gave me his collection for free; I am quite happy today to have it.

This is my era (born in early 1990's) and LEGO is a big part of my life, so I always enjoy a trip down memory lane like this picture set.

Glad to hear that you liked the pictures. I have only seen set #1 in Billund and Brickset states "Available from LEGOLAND Billund". If I remember correctly the set came with a generic cardboard frame but you are supposed to put the photo that you can buy after the Indian Canoe ride in Legoland Billund there instead. All Lego pieces you see in the picture are included in the set.

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Hide contents

...is 6270: Forbidden Island. I had that set as a kid!

Correct! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by SpacePolice89

11 hours ago, JesseNight said:

As a Space fan of the 80s and early 90s I definitely recognize a few.

Number 2 is clearly the:

Reveal hidden contents

6886: Galactic Peace Keeper

Number 3 seems to be the droid from:

Hide contents

6931: FX Star Patroller

Number 6 looks like:

Hide contents

6982 Explorien Starship

Number 12 I see a:

Hide contents

6850: Auxiliary Patroller

Number 19 might be the:

Hide contents

6925: Interplanetary Rover

Number 23 looks like a:

Hide contents

6897: Rebel Hunter

Number 24 is definitely the:

Hide contents

10497: Galactic Explorer (2022)

Number 25 is one of my own youth memories, clearly the:

Hide contents

6923: M-Tron Particle Ionizer

They are all correct! The robot in #3 also appears in a set from 2014, they are exactly the same except that the 2014 version has a black bar inside to keep the arms from falling off. The one pictured is the newer one but it's impossible to tell them apart without removing the arms.

Edited by SpacePolice89

6 minutes ago, SpacePolice89 said:

They are all correct! The robot in #3 also appears in a set from 2014, they are exactly the same except that the 2014 version has a black bar inside to keep the arms from falling off. The one pictured is the newer one but it's impossible to tell them apart without removing the arms.

My adventures stopped around 1996 til last year, so it makes sense I missed that ;) 
I didn't miss the new Galaxy Explorer, since that was among the reasons I came back to it (along with other Icons).

5 hours ago, JesseNight said:

My adventures stopped around 1996 til last year, so it makes sense I missed that ;) 
I didn't miss the new Galaxy Explorer, since that was among the reasons I came back to it (along with other Icons).

They are 100 percent identical on the outside so it's impossible to tell from a photo. I never experienced Classic Space as new sets available from stores. The first Space sets I got were Futuron, Blacktron 1 and Space Police 1. When my family realized how much I liked Lego they got me used sets including some Classic Space to increase my collection. My first catalogs were from 88-89 so I remember seeing Classic Space sets there together with the Futuron sets. Later I've acquired many Classic Space sets.  

Edited by SpacePolice89