obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Ahsoka - 7 NEW Models

Hello all

I have finally finished my Ahsoka collection after a Bricklink order got lost and I completely messed up another order!  Work also took over as it was year end but finally they are done.  There are seven models for your visual delight.  I will try to keep the descriptions short so if anyone wants to know how certain parts of the models have been built let me know.   

Now the models, in no particular order………

AHSOKA’S T-6 SHUTTLE

I was not going to build this as I had already built a clone wars model which admittedly I did not spend much time on. 

However, having watched the series I realized that Ahsoka’s shuttle was the signature ship and I needed to do a proper job  and I wanted to make the cockpit and engines section rotate together.   The ship is built around using a technic liftarm to hold everything together.  This allows the ship to be the same top and bottom and also allows the cockpit and engines to rotate.  I have also added the extra engine and gun turret. 

T61.JPEGT62.JPEGT63.JPEGT64.JPEGT65.JPEGT66.JPEGT67.jpegT6Display.JPEG

NEW REPUBLIC E-WING

Finally this ship is in canon!  It was always one of my favourite EU/Legends ships.  Simple enough build for anyone that has built an x-wing polybag before! 😊 No real tricks.  I do have to admit to using a sticker on the nose.  It is an official sticker from one of those Ferrari sets from the petrol station.  It just didn’t look quite right being all white.  I am surprised LEGO did not release this ship as an official Polybag.

E-Wing1.JPEGE-Wing2.JPEGE-Wing3.JPEGE-Wing4.JPEGE-Wing5.JPEGE-Wing6.JPEGE-Wing7.JPEGE-WingDisplay.JPEG

ETA-CLASS SHUTTLE

Another Clone Wars Era ship brought in to live action.  For some reason I never got round to building this before.  Maybe there were too many shuttles!  A simple little build and I have used click hingers for the wings for those of us that are OCD about having the wings at the same angles!

Eta1.JPEGEta2.JPEGEta3.JPEGEta4.JPEGEta5.JPEGEta6.JPEGEta7.JPEGEtaDisplay.JPEG

MORGAN ELSBETH’S SHUTTLE

Another simple build.  The cockpit area was the main problem.  The shape is not perfect but I think the use of the wedge pieces was the best compromise.  I tried to be clever angling plates but the model would have just become really big with that wingspan.  I settled on using dark tan (with some gold pieces) as it is the closest to gold.

ElsbethShuttle1.JPEGElsbethShuttle2.JPEGElsbethShuttle3.JPEGElsbethShuttle4.JPEGElsbethShuttle5.JPEGElsbethShuttle6.JPEGElsbethShuttle7.JPEGElsbethShuttleDisplay.JPEG

RP82 FIEND FIGHTER

This is probably the most striking model of the collection due to it actually having some colour!  I am pleased how this one turned out.  It could have been built smaller with a cheese slope as a cockpit but that model would have been tiny.  It actually looks bigger in the pictures than it actually is for some reason. The engine parts front and back are attached using 1x2 plates with a wheel pin. 2X4 and 3x6 wedge plates provide the different angles for the wings.

Fiend1.JPEGFiend2.JPEGFiend3.JPEGFiend4.JPEGFiend5.JPEGFiend6.JPEGFiend7.JPEGFiendDisplay.jpeg

SCOUT FIGHTER

Obviously a very similar build to the Fiend.  The rear section is changed to incorporate the bottom fin and both kinds of 2x4 wedge plates are used for the angles of the wings and the outer parts of the wings on the Fiend removed.  I have built a custom HK-87 Droid for the display as there is not a pilot minifigure available.

ScoutFighter1.JPEGScoutFighter2.JPEGScoutFighter3.JPEGScoutFighter4.JPEGScoutFighter5.JPEGScoutFighter6.JPEGScoutFighter7.JPEGHK87.JPEGScoutFighterDisplay.JPEG

NEW REPUBLIC CRUISER

The largest model of the collection and the one that took the most time.  This almost got too big for my liking but just about stays within the size I am looking for.  The front section is a simple enough build.  The rear engine section was far more tricky.   The wedge plates have been angled using a combination of bricks with studs on sided and plates.  There are 5 engines in a small amount of space.  I am not 100% happy with the rear section but it is very difficult when it is only 5 studs wide to get all the angles.

NewRepublicCruiser1.JPEGNewRepublicCruiser2.JPEGNewRepublicCruiser3.JPEGNewRepublicCruiser4.JPEGNewRepublicCruiser5.jpegNewRepublicCruiser6.JPEGNewRepublicCruiser7.jpegNewRepublicCruiserDisplay.JPEG

Let me know what you think.

Jon

wow very well done, a nice little fleet - my faveourite is the eta shuttle, on point design :) 

Very nice! I think the T-6 is the pick of the bunch for me.

Your comments on the cruiser got me thinking though; how do you decide on the rough size of the models? Do you have a maximum envelope you try to fit them in, or is it just what 'feels' right?

Thanks both.

3 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Your comments on the cruiser got me thinking though; how do you decide on the rough size of the models? Do you have a maximum envelope you try to fit them in, or is it just what 'feels' right?

The size of the model(s) is normally determined by a piece, or pieces,  which defines the shape or is central to the design.  For the cruiser it was the front section.  The front of the cruiser is 4 studs wide and as it is long and thin made it a long model.  In general the maximum size is that it has to fit on the stand without looking stupidly large, so a feel.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:30 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

This is excellent! Every model looks great! I'm totally using that HK-87 design for my own collection- looks spot-on.

Thanks again.