Sign in to follow this  
Ido

[REVIEW] LEGO 6279 Skull Island

Hi!

I'd like to share with you my review of set 6279... I did this for fun, but it was a ton of work :) 

Anybody here has this set? What do you think about it?

Very cool review. I actually like this set even more now, after Your presentation. it does look  much cooler than on the box... which is unual ;)

My only suggestion is too keep the music down a bit, it was too loud at the beginning of the video and created conflict with Your narration, tho later it seemed ok.

Love that idea with moving a minifig on the stick btw, and wouldn't mind if You'd do a tutorial for it :) Unless it's already there among Your clips, will go trough them and check. Anyway, hope to see more of Your stuff.

Oh, and i have to dissagree on one thing with You - pink and yellow are ok for me ;) Perhaps that boat would fit better in Paradisa or some other moderns themes that would profit from pastels and 80s vibes, it's might seem a bit of place for some, but the table itself was ok, as it corresponded nicely with black bricks :)

Thank you very much for watching and commenting!

In my last video, the music was too low, and now it's too high, I guess I need to find some balance :) thanks for pointing this out.

Regarding the stick - I guess you mean that red pointer - it's simply several axle connectors (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6538c&ccName=4513174#T=C&C=5) connected into a longer stick, where at the end I connected a pan piece (https://brickset.com/parts/6196548/plate-1x1-round-w-horizontal-3-2-shaft) and on top of it I put a corner plate (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2420&idColor=5#T=C&C=5)

Hope that helps :)

I also reviewed some castle sets, you are welcome to checkout those out as well.

Great video :pir-triumph:

I especially like the secret weapons stash. And back in the day there were ladders everywhere, so minifigs could get to the upper levels. Unlike some modern sets :pir_laugh2:

But my favorite is the alternate build in the lower right corner of the the page. It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

This was my first 'big' set as a kid. Not having much money, I always had to settle for tiny sets, but I was so happy when I got this. I would have liked to put an alligator in the little cove, but otherwise it still remains one of my all time favorites.

9 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Great video :pir-triumph:

I especially like the secret weapons stash. And back in the day there were ladders everywhere, so minifigs could get to the upper levels. Unlike some modern sets :pir_laugh2:

But my favorite is the alternate build in the lower right corner of the the page. It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot! I might try one of those builds

7 hours ago, Doddsino said:

This was my first 'big' set as a kid. Not having much money, I always had to settle for tiny sets, but I was so happy when I got this. I would have liked to put an alligator in the little cove, but otherwise it still remains one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, Lego was so expensive these days, even more than today, contrary to common belief. I was actually sure this set came with an alligator and was surprised to find out it didn't.

I love this set. My parents bought it for me when I was a kid. It has the right amount of detail and playability. This set has something that new sets doesn't have, it is difficult to explain but sets from this era are special in some way, and it's not only nostalgia because I also get the same feeling with sets I didn't have as a kid and sets that are from before my childhood. I grew up with late 80s and 90s Lego. I also have the other pirate island in the end of the video. They are both on my shelf.