Wurger49

[MOC] Sabine Wren's Mandalorian Fang Fighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's Jedi T-6 Shuttle

The 75362 Ahsoka Tano’s T-6 Jedi Shuttle replicates semicircular wings using various wedge plates, and the same level of design extends to the dark red stripe pattern adorning the upper surface of the wings. However, a noticeable drawback lies in the lack of detailing on the undersides of the wings, a somewhat undesirable oversight.

The T-6 shuttle distinguishes itself through its standout feature — the capacity to rotate its wings 360 degrees on a technic turntable while maintaining a level cockpit, effectively minimizing G-forces on the pilot. Additionally, the shuttle boasts a 360-degree firing range from its twin cannons.

Among the four included minifigures is Sabine Wren, a Mandalorian warrior first introduced in the Rebels Series. I thought it would be pretty cool to design a Fang Fighter with the same color scheme as her master Ahsoka.

The Fang Fighter presents a sleek, angular silhouette with a double delta wing design, featuring non-straight leading edges. The central fuselage accommodates the cockpit at the front and a single ion engine at the rear. The distinctive double delta wings can pivot 360 degrees, equipped with laser cannons and ion engines.

In contrast to the Lego shuttle, I elongated the nose of the Fang Fighter and aimed for matching color patterns on the underside of the wings: dark bluish gray on the wing tips and engine mounts, light bluish gray wings adorned with a dark red arrow pattern. The underside of the engines features black inverted curved slopes.

While the fighter can stably rest on a table without tipping forward, I crafted a supplementary docking rack using extra pieces, providing additional support for the nose.

Instructions are available on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-171447/Wurger Bricks/sabine-wrens-mandalorian-fang-fighter-alternate-build-of-75362-ahsoka-tanos-t-6-shuttle/

Sabine Wren's Mandalorian Fang Fighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano’s T-6 Shuttle

Sabine Wren's Mandalorian Fang Fighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano’s T-6 Shuttle

Edited by Wurger49

5 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Wow. Very nice for an alternate build! Great job 

cheers! thank you mate.

Fantastic use of pieces, you’ve managed an alternate build that’s a better fang fighter than the actual fang fighter!

1 hour ago, mcphatty said:

Fantastic use of pieces, you’ve managed an alternate build that’s a better fang fighter than the actual fang fighter!

Hi Ron, I deeply appreciate your generous words! Receiving your endorsement is truly an honor.

I gotta say man, I've got a massive gripe with this alt build...   

....you're gonna make me drop another $80 so I can get a second copy of the set to make this! :laugh:

Your alternate/multi builds are always excellent. I'm pretty tempted to build this one, though- I'm a sucker for Mandalorian builds and this is an excellent fang fighter. It honestly looks like the intended build of the set.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I gotta say man, I've got a massive gripe with this alt build...   

....you're gonna make me drop another $80 so I can get a second copy of the set to make this! :laugh:

Your alternate/multi builds are always excellent. I'm pretty tempted to build this one, though- I'm a sucker for Mandalorian builds and this is an excellent fang fighter. It honestly looks like the intended build of the set.

Cheers mate! well, one would expect nothing less from the Mandalorian Knight! 

9 hours ago, magureanpaul said:

Nice alternate build. I am always impressed by the designers who do alternate builds. I only do from 0.

Designing from grounds up is another level!