Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Wood Elf Eternal Guard Regiment led by General Haldir Na Palm

Wood Elf Eternal Guard Regiment led by General Haldir Na Palm

53484328567_9b5c6c690d_b.jpgWood Elf Eternal Guard Regiment led by General Haldir Na Palm by MWardancer

Customization notes regiment:
- the bodies are cheap China Koruit clone brand Elf (although not a clone, because LEGO never made a fig like this)
- the feet were painted green to reduce the painfully high amount of pearl gold
- the helmets are a China Koruit clone brand Gondor helmet (although not a clone, because LEGO never made a helmet like this), this was painted gold and green (to reduce the painfully high amount of pearl gold)
- in order to insert LEGO hands (to reduce the painfully high amount of pearl gold), I had to widen the holes in the arms with a drill
- the Koruit spears are painted completely to reduce the painfully high amount of pearl gold
- the capes are from Cape Madness
- the standard is made from various bits and pieces

Customization Notes Haldir Na Palm:
- helmet: cheap Aliexpress helmet, painted
- weapon: two Aliexpress daggers glued and painted
- shoulder armor: official LEGO piece painted
- cape from CapeMadness

This stood on my shelf for a long time. It took me 4 years to get from one guard to the whole regiment, so I am glad to have finished this.

These look great. I use the armour and weapons and often sell on the bodies cheaply for kids to play with but these show a paint job can transform them. I found just a coat of Vallejo flat/matt silver on the Gondor army parts toned down the very shiny silver finish. The double dagger blade is very effective. 

Those look pretty good... but they could use some more pearl gold.  :laugh:

Seriously, though, it's quite an impressive looking group and the paint job on those cheap elements looks great!  The combined weapon for the general came out very nicely as well.  It's a little thing, but the leaf on the standard-bearer's pole is a great touch.

21 hours ago, MAB said:

These look great. I use the armour and weapons and often sell on the bodies cheaply for kids to play with but these show a paint job can transform them. I found just a coat of Vallejo flat/matt silver on the Gondor army parts toned down the very shiny silver finish. The double dagger blade is very effective. 

Thank you! There is also an official non-official double blade on Aliexpress, but I did not have one at the time. Yes, the gondor parts are way to shiny!

20 hours ago, deraven said:

Those look pretty good... but they could use some more pearl gold.  :laugh:

Seriously, though, it's quite an impressive looking group and the paint job on those cheap elements looks great!  The combined weapon for the general came out very nicely as well.  It's a little thing, but the leaf on the standard-bearer's pole is a great touch.

Thank you very much. The leaf is more a necessary means of deception. I could not make my gold paint match the Nexo shield's gold, so it looked weird. So I covered it up with the leaf. But I am glad you like it.

Wohoo, I got frontpaged again. My fourth time. I am always glad when customizing gets some attention.

These figures look fantastic! I wish Lego would offer us battlepacks with such figures!

Are the spears/naginatas china pieces too? They look great.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:08 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

These figures look fantastic! I wish Lego would offer us battlepacks with such figures!

Are the spears/naginatas china pieces too? They look great.

Thank you very much! The lack of proper Elven battle packs is what got me startet with customizing in the first place.

Yes, they are China pieces, too. There are a lot of Elven daggers, blades, spears on Aliexpress. Even in various colours now like pearl gold (which I despise), black and silver. Quite well designed, better than offical IMHO.

Which brand / colour paint did you use for the weapon handles? It looks like a good match for reddish brown.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

Which brand / colour paint did you use for the weapon handles? It looks like a good match for reddish brown.

On 1/5/2012 at 7:22 PM, Wardancer said:

It is this recipe from the MCW paint database:

Update: Feb 2016: better recipe

Reddish Brown

Mix:

Glossy 80 Email color 80%

Matt 37 Email color 10%

Matt 9 Email color

All by Revell

Germany

90%

Take the pot with the 80 brown, pour in the 37 and 9. The result is quite satisfying, better than using pure 37, which is too reddish. Without the 9 it is not dark enough.

Edited by Wardancer