Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Jurassic Park / World 2024 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Jurassic World & Park discussion throughout 2024--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Jurassic discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)

Maybe a stupid idea but since JW is turning 10 next year TLG may revert back to making sets ‘indirectly’ based on that movie again, this because the sets from 2015 weren’t really living up to the movie and were quite generic in my eyes. It might also be more profitable for Lego themselves. I personally hope we could see sets based on some of the attractions or the Innovation center. I’m really keeping my fingers crossed on a new Stegosaurus aswell, we need more herbivores

Really hoping we could see some TLW sets some day too, that movie might controversially be one of my favorites out of the bunch

Edited by StegoLover

3 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Really hoping we could see some TLW sets some day too, that movie might controversially be one of my favorites out of the bunch

I don’t thin it’s controversial at all….it’s just your personal favorite lol.

Anyways I agree that they should make The Lost World sets.  That movie is cool, such as a mobile home/lab, a rampage at hunters’ camp site, two angry T-ex parents with a junior T-rex, Stegosaurus adult and baby, an abrandoned Site B setting, and more. 

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Something tells me Allosaurus is the next big dino to get a lego mould

Same here, i suspect Allosaurus and some other big dinosaur will be in the large set, perhaps adult Bumpy? I am assuming these sets will be based off of Chaos Theory, so it would be interesting if at some point they run into Bumpy on the mainland and reintroduce her into the show right? But thats just speculation.

I am actually surprised we didn´t got that one yet - could have sworn we got it already lol. Well anyways there are still many Dinosaurs missing so whatever new Dino´s they are doing, I hope the have movable Arms/Legs. Still a bit disappointed about the Brachiosaurus and not really a fan of the new Dilophosaurusmould.

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I am actually surprised we didn´t got that one yet - could have sworn we got it already lol. Well anyways there are still many Dinosaurs missing so whatever new Dino´s they are doing, I hope the have movable Arms/Legs. Still a bit disappointed about the Brachiosaurus and not really a fan of the new Dilophosaurusmould.

In that case, just keep your hope low.  But as for Allosaurus, I’m. Pretty sure it would have movable arms and leg. 

On 1/6/2024 at 6:44 AM, Lion King said:

But as for Allosaurus, I’m. Pretty sure it would have movable arms and leg. 

They would probably make use of the indoraptor body tail and legs with t.rex or carno arms, they would need to make a new head and neck piece and a jaw maybe even the carno jaw. Despite how much I'm sure everyone wants them to modify the legs to not have the raptor claw

15 minutes ago, Time Dragon said:

They would probably make use of the indoraptor body tail and legs with t.rex or carno arms, they would need to make a new head and neck piece and a jaw maybe even the carno jaw. Despite how much I'm sure everyone wants them to modify the legs to not have the raptor claw

That could work, but the indoraptor body might be a little too skinny for Allosaurus. Something similar to a smaller T-Rex torso would be a much better match

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

That could work, but the indoraptor body might be a little too skinny for Allosaurus. Something similar to a smaller T-Rex torso would be a much better match

I don't hate the idea of using a bigger body on it. The legend of isla nublar tv show had an allosaurus and it looked like it used the smaller body.

6 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

I don't hate the idea of using a bigger body on it. The legend of isla nublar tv show had an allosaurus and it looked like it used the smaller body.

I quite like that Indoraptor body for medium-sized therapods - I liked it for Baryonyx and Therazinosaurus and I wished it had been used for the Carnotaurus actually - did we ever find out why the Lego designers made Carnotaurus so oversized? 

36 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

did we ever find out why the Lego designers made Carnotaurus so oversized? 

I would assume it was to save budget on making new molds, so they just reused the one they just made for Indominus the wave before

22 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I would assume it was to save budget on making new molds, so they just reused the one they just made for Indominus the wave before

Yup.

I'd like to see,

InGen Construction helicopter w/ Parasaurolophus. Donald Gennaro, Helicopter Pilot, and Helipad worker minifigs.

Velociraptor Pen and Forklift and cage w/ three new size Velociraptors. Jophery, 2 Dinosaur Handlers, and a Vet minifigs.

InGen Barge and cage w/ Spinosaurus. Dr. Alan Grant, Paul Kirby, Amanda Kirby, and Eric Kirby minifigs.

Edited by Rune Haako

5 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

InGen Construction helicopter w/ Parasaurolophus. Donald Gennaro, Helicopter Pilot, and Helipad worker minifigs.

Sorry but what do you mean? What a con Stuiod helicopter with Parasaurolophus? I don’t recall that scene from the original Jurassic Park. Unless, you are talking about Brachiosaurus dipping in the lake with those Paras while Alan, Ian and Ellie watch afar?

5 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

I'd like to see,

Velociraptor Pen and Forklift and cage w/ three new size Velociraptors. Jophery, 2 Dinosaur Handlers, and a Vet minifigs.

InGen Barge and cage w/ Spinosaurus. Dr. Alan Grant, Paul Kirby, Amanda Kirby, and Eric Kirby minifigs.

1) The idea of a helicopter is OK, but I don't know what you mean by "Construction". Most people would only get the set to add a Parasaurolophus to their collection since the figures aren't too exciting compared to other sets.

2) Newly mouded Velociraptors are something I've been wanting for quite a while, so this definitely gets approval in my eyes. The builds that accompany it are pretty fitting too, but as for figures, swap out the vet for Muldoon and you've got a keeper.

3) Whilst it's a little similar to that Baryonyx boat set that released a few years ago, this set still sounds pretty solid, especially with the inclusion of Spinosaurus since it's a dino we've wanted for years. Maybe include a side build related to flammable stuff as a nod to the Spinos fear of fire and this set has a pretty good chance of potentially being made.

I mean just the blue and silver helicopter that's in the movie it says InGen Construction on the side of it.

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

I mean just the blue and silver helicopter that's in the movie it says InGen Construction on the side of it.

Did it? Well,  “InGen Helicopster Landing” set with a Jeep would be great. Of course, we already have wo sets with Jeep in 2023.  In that landing scene there were no dinsoaurs but just waterfal and workers on the helicopter pad. Heck, I want Parasaurolophus. 

16 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Did it? Well,  “InGen Helicopster Landing” set with a Jeep would be great. Of course, we already have wo sets with Jeep in 2023.  In that landing scene there were no dinsoaurs but just waterfal and workers on the helicopter pad. Heck, I want Parasaurolophus. 

One thing to remember is that the brachiosaurus set tripled as the scene were we  met the brachi, Gant and the kids woke up to the brachi, and when grant found that nest. So maybe it could be an expansion for that set?

Bought and built the 2 new Jurassic World sets, the 4+ one is what you expect, nothing too special, the 4 new printed baby dinos are nice to add along with the others, nice prints for muddy Darius and Sammy, and a hell of a lot of carrots lol

The t rex skull was awesome! I would recommend this set to you all, it's such a nice display, and building it is quite satisfying as well as nice to build. It's definitely a nice change to have a bulkier build for a jurassic set, i think we often get the short end of the stick with that for this theme, but its usually made up for with cool molded dinosaurs, which we'll hopefully get in the new sets coming up this june!

I'd love to see TLG do more fossil sets, i think its a nice way to show more paleontology/biology to kids and that, but in general its just a cool looking display! Except the sticker, that is never fun haha.

Also, i believe the box art for this wave is the best yet! Also also, i quite like the wave being broken up between the start of the year and middle and hopefully if this theme continues so should this release schedule, definitely nice to have new sets more available throughout the year.

@AxolotlPlays, i agree with you. I feel fossil series could bring inspiration to kids into exploring the field of paleontology or biology, just like Jurasic Park movie inspired young audience to be paleontologists. 

So i would like to see more fossil collection!

Fossilized skulls: Tricera, Velocri, Para, Pachy, Brachi, Ptera, etc.

6 hours ago, Lion King said:

@AxolotlPlays, i agree with you. I feel fossil series could bring inspiration to kids into exploring the field of paleontology or biology, just like Jurasic Park movie inspired young audience to be paleontologists. 

So i would like to see more fossil collection!

Fossilized skulls: Tricera, Velocri, Para, Pachy, Brachi, Ptera, etc.

Most definitely, it'll be good to see what the future holds, though maybe they could include a figure in these fossil sets? Mr DNA maybe?

1 minute ago, Rune Haako said:

When do you guys suspect we'll hear more about the three new sets?

Probably like april, couple months before release, that seems to be what usually happens

Really, with all the other licenses and themes getting set names already?

Edited by Rune Haako