Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego Nostalgia said:

If you asked most people if The Marvels was a good movie, they wouldn't agree, I'm not gatekeeping anyone.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what you've said before, since you were talking about the "fact" that it's a "horrible" movie, but fine.

Let's get back to discussing the non-existent sets for Deadpool & Wolverine:tongue:

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with what you've said before, since you were talking about the "fact" that it's a "horrible" movie, but fine.

Let's get back to discussing the non-existent sets for Deadpool & Wolverine:tongue:

Anything is possible 

It's by Disney and Marvel Studios, so what if It's R-rated, It's a Marvel brand and they could get away with it if they tried, Just brand it under the Multiverse Saga or X-men

The fact that Lego won't touch R-rated is stupid to me, so what if a movie is violent and has language, there are characters people want in Lego form, Lego could make so much money trying it out.

Just brand it under 18+, and just avoid anything sexual related and no one would be mad.

11 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Just brand it under 18+, and just avoid anything sexual related and no one would be mad.

Yes, the Karens yelling at LEGO store employees because little Jimmy wanted to see the inappropriate movie the set he got for his birthday was based on won‘t be mad at all :laugh_hard:

You can‘t argue with the 18+ branding when there are Winnie the Pooh and Sesame Street sets on other shelves that are also 18+ :tongue:

Seriously though, they draw the line at explicit content and it‘s a valid stance for a TOY company. You may not agree with it, but that‘s the way they handle things :shrug_oh_well:

26 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Anything is possible 

It's by Disney and Marvel Studios, so what if It's R-rated, It's a Marvel brand and they could get away with it if they tried, Just brand it under the Multiverse Saga or X-men

The fact that Lego won't touch R-rated is stupid to me, so what if a movie is violent and has language, there are characters people want in Lego form, Lego could make so much money trying it out.

Nah, I don't think so.

First of all, the 18+ branding doesn't actually have anything to do with the maturity of the content. It's just a marketing move to sell specific sets as display pieces for older fans of LEGO. 

While some of us may not understand the "no R-rated properties" rule, it's good from a business POV. LEGO always has been and always will be, first and foremost, for children. If you make even a single set based on 16–18+ properties, you're opening Pandora's box — LEGO Game of Thrones. LEGO The Witcher. LEGO God of War.

While all the properties I listed sound like a dream to some of us here (I'd kill for a The Witcher or a GoW set), it's the opposite for a parent. Again, from a business POV, it's not worth sacrificing the parents who will deem LEGO "unsafe" for their children to a few adults fan who will buy sets based on adult-oriented properties.

If Deadpool is a great success, and Marvel wants to take advantage of the 18+ to ride the wave, we will be left without sets ^^

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

IMO, best case scenario is the X-Mansion isn’t actually a X-Men ‘97 tie-in set, but a Deadpool & Wolverine tie in set, and we wind up getting comic inspired versions of the X-Men characters who will be in Deadpool & Wolverine (ie, instead of Gambit and Jubilee we get Deadpool, Colossus, and Pyro). Kinda like what happened for Suicide Squad back in 2016, except instead of smaller sets, it’s a large 18+ set so parents are less likely to complain about Lego marketing Deadpool to children. 

Edited by psqidexslizer

17 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Kinda like what happened for Suicide Squad back in 2016, except instead of smaller sets, it’s a large 18+ set so parents are less likely to complain about Lego marketing Deadpool to children. 

As I‘ve said, this argument immediately goes out the window when looking at all the Ideas sets that are branded as „18+“, regardless of age appropriateness. It‘s a pure marketing tool, not an age restriction :tongue: 

As @THELEGOBATMAN points out very well, this would break a lot of parents‘ trust in the brand. It‘s simply not worth all the potential headache.

Two ways I see a Deadpool & Wolverine set are:

1) They brand it under Wolverine only but include Deadpool

2) They do what they did with Sanctum and make a Mansion branded under 97 and Deadpool & Wolverine (one logo in front another in back)

I mean there are ways to get around it, they included The Punisher and Blade in the Daily Bugle which was 18+ other wise they wouldn't have been able to make them.

11 hours ago, brickbride said:

Thank you for that useful and constructive comment./s

Luckily I don't need your approval in order to enjoy what I enjoy.

I want to apologize man, I guess I was just mad that someone liked The Marvels over Deadpool and I guess I have  a bias towards it, anyway sorry for my stupidity, hope you accept this apology friend.

Anyway like I mentioned before, we don't know what Set 76283 is, it's listed as Superheroes 2024 on Brick Merge with no known release date, maybe that's a sign for a set based off Deadpool & Wolverine ? Hasbro are supposed to reveal the Marvel Legends for the movie tomorrow so maybe other merch will be revealed too ?

Deadpool 2 was rereleased as a PG cut "Once upon a Deadpool", I can totally see "Deadpool & Wolverine" having a PG cut called "Deadpool & Friends" (I've seen this name somewhere online) allowing Disney to cash-in on merchandising.

Imagine Feige telling Reynolds : you got your R-Rated but you've got to have a PG cut. 

Wishful thinking maybe, but not that much 

13 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I mean there are ways to get around it, they included The Punisher and Blade in the Daily Bugle which was 18+ other wise they wouldn't have been able to make them.

Sure, but there are three major differences here:

• The Punisher and Blade minifigs were comic-based (as is the set in general) and thus didn‘t tie in with (and promote!) any violent live-action content.
  • They were side characters in a Spider-man set. A set with Punisher branding instead would not have worked.
  • Deadpool is not only violent, but vulgar too, at least much more than Blade and the Punisher are. 

Consider yourselves lucky if there‘s a small Skullpoopl reference somewhere in the X-Mansion, because that‘s the best we‘ll get :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm really worried Disney might screw the movie up and insert DEI garbage.

Deadpool in general and those movies are already pretty inclusive, I don't see why it would be a problem for that to continue in the 3rd film.

That being said, this is the 2nd time you've tried to derail the thread from Lego into culture war rubbish, nobody acknowledged it the first time and you should have taken the hint.

57 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As I‘ve said, this argument immediately goes out the window when looking at all the Ideas sets that are branded as „18+“, regardless of age appropriateness. It‘s a pure marketing tool, not an age restriction :tongue: 

As @THELEGOBATMAN points out very well, this would break a lot of parents‘ trust in the brand. It‘s simply not worth all the potential headache.

I think you misunderstood. I’m not saying make the X-Mansion explicitly as a tie-in Deadpool and Wolverine. I’m saying, market it as an X-Men comic set, include comic minifigures that just happen to coincide with the prominent characters in D&W, and then still market it as 18+ because some people will still be outraged if Deadpool is included in a set that isn’t 18+, even if it’s the (not really but perceived to be because no one reads comics) tamer comic Deadpool.

9 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I think you misunderstood. I’m not saying make the X-Mansion explicitly as a tie-in Deadpool and Wolverine. 

I know what you meant, but still, even an indirect tie-in would be risky. There‘s a reason we haven‘t seen Deadpool in any set since 2012 (ignoring SDCC exclusives) :laugh: 

Putting Wolverine in a set is easy, since they can refer to X-Men 97. Deadpool though? There‘s no way it wouldn‘t be perceived as a movie tie-in.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know what you meant, but still, even an indirect tie-in would be risky. There‘s a reason we haven‘t seen Deadpool in any set since 2012 (ignoring SDCC exclusives) :laugh: 

There was an X-Men merchandise embargo in place up until a few years ago, and up until last summer we hadn’t seen any mutants not named Wolverine or Scarlet Witch since 2015. 😛

But in all seriousness, Deadpool is probably the riskiest character for Lego to put in a set just because of how popular and vulgar he is. Which is why an 18+ set based on the X-Men, featuring a comic based version of him is probably our only shot. (And no, I don’t think they’ll include him in Secret Wars sets, even if he’s the main character.)

edit: yes, I’m ignoring Firestar in the Daily Bugle. Not for any particular reason. I just forgot about her (just like Marvel has).

Edited by psqidexslizer

1 hour ago, Childish Goblino said:

Deadpool in general and those movies are already pretty inclusive, I don't see why it would be a problem for that to continue in the 3rd film.

That being said, this is the 2nd time you've tried to derail the thread from Lego into culture war rubbish, nobody acknowledged it the first time and you should have taken the hint.

I'm just saying I hope they don't ruin it like they have with recent marvel films, no need to be so aggressive, can you blame me for wanting the movie to not be ruined by the usual disney stuff.

anyway I shouldn't have said anything because there will always be that one person that wants to start an argument, I just said I hope the movie isn't ruined since I'm looking forward to it but no you just have to come at me with your shite and start an argument. enough now move on

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

9 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm just saying I hope they don't ruin it like they have with recent marvel films, no need to be so aggressive, can you blame me for wanting the movie to not be ruined by the usual disney stuff.

anyway I shouldn't have said anything because there will always be that one person that wants to start an argument, I just said I hope the movie isn't ruined since I'm looking forward to it but no you just have to come at me with your shite and start an argument. enough now move on

You're right, this is a bad thing to engage in and after this, I'm not going to anymore. I don't want it left unsaid though that someone responding negatively to you posting that you hope a movie isn't "ruined" with diversity unprompted does not mean they are being argumentative for no reason. Especially when what you're saying is only tangentially related to Lego.

9 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

You're right, this is a bad thing to engage in and after this, I'm not going to anymore. I don't want it left unsaid though that someone responding negatively to you posting that you hope a movie isn't "ruined" with diversity unprompted does not mean they are being argumentative for no reason. Especially when what you're saying is only tangentially related to Lego.

Fair enough, though there is a difference between Diversity and DEI agenda, anyway I'm sorry for arguing let's move on back to Lego.

Anyway is the X-Mansion going to be released in November ?

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

23 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Fair enough, though there is a difference between Diversity and DEI agenda, anyway I'm sorry for arguing let's move on back to Lego.

Tell me you don't understand X-Men without telling me you don't understand X-Men 

36 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

That’s the rumor.

Yeah, I honestly don't see them including Deadpool in any set this year.

The question is, what's going to happen later on. At some point Deadpool will appear in a PG-13 MCU movie. Is he going to be included in a set then?

If not, then I better hold on to the 2012 minifigure like my life depends on it. :tongue:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, SpiderFan44 said:

Tell me you don't understand X-Men without telling me you don't understand X-Men 

Of course when I've apologized someone else starts the argument again, What I said has nothing to do with the X-Men, It's about Disney now move on 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, I honestly don't see them including Deadpool in any set this year.

The question is, what's going to happen later on. At some point Deadpool will appear in a PG-13 MCU movie. Is he going to be included in a set then?

If not, then I better hold on to the 2012 minifigure like my life depends on it. :tongue:

He should be in Secret Wars with Hugh Jackman so that might be our only hope.

30 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

He should be in Secret Wars with Hugh Jackman so that might be our only hope.

I could see Lego skipping him altogether if he does appear in Secret Wars. Even if the film is PG-13, he’s still got a reputation. IMO, best chance we’ve got is a comic version of him snuck into an expensive 18+ set, and even then I’m skeptical it’ll happen.

16 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

No need for the passive aggressiveness my friend but I understand, still The Marvels is a horrible movie only made to pander to certain people.

You have to be one of the people who got mad when Black Cat's minifig didn't show her skin

7 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I mean there are ways to get around it, they included The Punisher and Blade in the Daily Bugle which was 18+ other wise they wouldn't have been able to make them

Couldn't make the Daily Bugle set in today's woke landscape!

Edited by PGBQW

If someone has themselves has the presence of thought to drop a particular discussion (which I appreciate), then I suggest others do not continue it. 

Making jabs at someone is no way to behave either.