I finally got enough parts to test build the mini 42078, and some issues that I didnt expect to exist actually emerged. So I went back and made some fixes, and the final version is perfect!

1000x800.jpg?1709750427.4016614

One of the major changes is to move the arm articulation point back. That was actually my original design, but in the real truck the point is closer to the front wheel, so I decided to move it 2 studs forward. To keep the rotation direction intact, I had to pass the movement through 3 8z gears. Little did I know that those gears created immense friction that made the arm almost unmovable. Therefore I moved it back to the original place, and everything works perfectly.

I am one module away from finishing the mini 42145 Airbus, and I've been stuck on it since forever. I need some suggestions from you folks.

How do I transmit motion from the left yellow axle to the right yellow axle? This is for the rear rotor.

3QEKEOv.png

Only if you put gear 8 tooth on right yellow axle and worm gear below it. Then connect worm gear with universal joints to left yellow axle.

Problem is that rear propeller will be 8 times slowe than left axle

Posted (edited)

Here is one possibility. It would be nice with only one UJ but the angle is to big.

Image00002.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Edited by vascolp

Wow that looks nice! I can work with that. The problem is that it would gear down the rear rotors tho.

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Wow that looks nice! I can work with that. The problem is that it would gear down the rear rotors tho.

Yes... but I guess there is no other option.... gear up first?

Posted (edited)

After the Iveco, another model has seen progress made.

It's the Mini 42145 Airbus H175!

2BreoBN.png

The progress for this model is different this time. Most of my models are manual, which means I can relatively predict and test how the functions will work. Therefore the process will be finalizing the design, doing the instruction, ordering the parts, and test build. During the test build the design and the instruction will be revised but no major changes will be made. Only after that will I publish the model and the instruction.

This model is different. It has a battery box, a motor, and 2 motorized functions. I have no idea how things will behave until I test build. Therefore the instruction will have to wait for a while. And if you have followed my activities here then you should see the preliminary design for this set as a possible entry for TC25 last year already. So there's no point waiting til the end to reveal the thing.

There are a couple of reasons why I chose this set. First thing is that it has existed as an alternate model for the 42113 Osprey. I even managed to come up with a regular pentagon connector before the specialized part was produced for the 42145.  The second thing is that I wanna do justice to the Airbus H175. To me, the set 42145 is an amazing Technic set, but it does not resemble a real Airbus H175. So I wanna use the mini model to get the proportions right. The hardest part was to get the gray engine opening correct. And I'm quite satisfied with what I came up with.

Here's a photo of the real thing that I used as reference.

26429124667_00393ee3b0_b.jpg

I also managed to get the side profile relatively accurate.

m6AoD1O.png

50802968971_907e0e215f_b.jpg

Instruction is coming soon.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just whipped up this quick and dirty (or not dirty) video showing the functions of the mini 42078.

Posted (edited)

Just gonna drop my plan here for myself to keep track, and for others as well if they're interested.

Sets in development

- Mini 42043
- Mini 42082
- Mini 42125
- Mini 42145
- Mini 42113
- Technic 10327 (Ornithopter)

Sets of interest

- Mini 8258
- Mini 42009
- Mini 42052
- Mini 42055