my first time using arduino and geekservo, not much experience in C but have experience with python I'm planning on making a 8dof rc walker with an arduino that can object detect with 2 ultrasonic sensors /distance sensors, 2 motors per leg hopefully can work made prototype out of only lego and coded with pybricks 

IMG_20231031_162956IMG_20231031_163002

IMG_20231031_162950

This is a very good idea starting with Arduino and GeekServo. You will know how freedom is great.

- If you followed my topics you could see I choiced the Arduino Nano which is very small and cheap. Nano-Blue-welded : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001636568464.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.563.34e45e5br3kwcW&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra
-To make the connections easier, you must use a shield like this one : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33063354279.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.341.34e45e5br3kwcW&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra , you have the choice beetween 2 connecttors. I use the PH2.0 Port. Carreful the wires connection are inverted. We talk later about this matter.

- About the battery, you can choose this one with red JST connector, https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002310168640.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.300.34e45e5br3kwcW&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

- you will need a battery charger. This one is very cheap :  Chargeur de batterie li-polymère Lipo v1.7.4 v 11.1v 10W 2s 3s, pièces de rechange pour modèle RC veFuchsia AEG Airsoft - AliExpress

- You will need too a connector from the battery to the shield, the JST male-PH female. Carreful the wires connection are inverted on the shield. : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003727778592.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.373.34e45e5br3kwcW&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

Don't hesitate to ask.

3 hours ago, oracid said:

This is a very good idea starting with Arduino and GeekServo. You will know how freedom is great.

im buying everything except the batteries and charger since I'm not sure how I like the lipos but if I complete the robot ill switch to them.
also for your robot, how did you get the arm at the end to be so precise and travel along a flat line so perfectly? its amazing

7 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

my first time using arduino and geekservo, not much experience in C but have experience with python I'm planning on making a 8dof rc walker with an arduino that can object detect with 2 ultrasonic sensors /distance sensors, 2 motors per leg hopefully can work made prototype out of only lego and coded with pybricks 

Try to use proper capitalization and punctuation. Will make it much easier for others to read.

If you prefer a powerbank, you will need at list 7V (2S) to power an Arduino Nano. Tell me about the feature of your powerbank.

If you are talking about the TRR video, I used an HuskyLens cam which is very powerfull, thanks to its AI. 

7 hours ago, oracid said:

If you prefer a powerbank, you will need at list 7V (2S) to power an Arduino Nano. Tell me about the feature of your powerbank.

If you are talking about the TRR video, I used an HuskyLens cam which is very powerfull, thanks to its AI. 

alright ill use a lipo then, i could get a power bank off Xiaomi but I am not sure how it will last, is there a power cable that I can use from the wall power to the Arduino when testing? instead of using the lipo and having to charge and discharge it constantly. 

this video btw

5 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

is there a power cable that I can use from the wall power to the Arduino when testing?

You can use any wall power that has max 12V output. You must connect this wall power to the shield. 110-240V DC 5V 6V 8V 9V 10V 12V 15V 0.5A 1A 2A 3A adaptateur d'alimentation universel chargeur adaptateur Eu Us pour bandes lumineuses LED - AliExpress

But you need an adapter to connect the DC connector to the shield connector. Il you have chose the shield with DC connector then no problem. But if you have chose the shield with PH2.0 connector then you need to adapt with a bit of soldering.

What about this video ?

On 11/1/2023 at 2:52 PM, oracid said:

You can use any wall power that has max 12V output. You must connect this wall power to the shield. 110-240V DC 5V 6V 8V 9V 10V 12V 15V 0.5A 1A 2A 3A adaptateur d'alimentation universel chargeur adaptateur Eu Us pour bandes lumineuses LED - AliExpress

But you need an adapter to connect the DC connector to the shield connector. Il you have chose the shield with DC connector then no problem. But if you have chose the shield with PH2.0 connector then you need to adapt with a bit of soldering.

What about this video ?

About this, do I get the PH2.0 connector or the DC connector? And for the wires do I need to power the Arduino itself or does the shield power the Arduino?

Also about the video how did you figure out the maths for inverse kinematics, and do you have a video or diagram to help?

- Unfortunately, if you want a DC to PH2.0 cable, you will have to make it. But I think you should get into the habit of working with battery. That's what I do.
- Yes, the Arduino Nano is powered through the shield.
- You have the link to Github in the video description. I put it back here: https://github.com/oracid/IK-Inverse-Kinematics-for-3DOF-quadruped-robot-leg/find/main
- There is a file corresponding to each movement. In all 4 files, there is a function IK(x,y,z). This function is identical in each file, except for the ending which is movement specific, from the comments:
    ################ Start Inclined Plane ################
    ################ Start Screw ################
    ################ Start Zigzag ################
    ################ Start Circle ################

Edited by oracid

7 hours ago, oracid said:

- Unfortunately, if you want a DC to PH2.0 cable, you will have to make it. But I think you should get into the habit of working with battery. That's what I do.
- Yes, the Arduino Nano is powered through the shield.
- You have the link to Github in the video description. I put it back here: https://github.com/oracid/IK-Inverse-Kinematics-for-3DOF-quadruped-robot-leg/find/main
- There is a file corresponding to each movement. In all 4 files, there is a function IK(x,y,z). This function is identical in each file, except for the ending which is movement specific, from the comments:
    ################ Start Inclined Plane ################
    ################ Start Screw ################
    ################ Start Zigzag ################
    ################ Start Circle ################

Do you think getting two shields (one PH2.0 and one DC) is worth it then? How long does the battery last on average and is it possible to create a PH2.0 port to wall socket cable? Also, can you control and/or send signals to the Arduino for remote control through the shield? Eg Bluetooth or RF signals (or program wirelessly through Bluetooth like the ev3)

Thanks for the code, I'll try to figure it out, I have never used inverse kinematics before so it might be a bit difficult, also when using Arduino/c to code, is there gearing for motors?

Edited by glowytheglowbug

You need to do a bit of soldering :

- From the wall, you have have the charger with is DC (5.5*2.5 / 2.1) male connector. 110-240V DC 5V 6V 8V 9V 10V 12V 15V 0.5A 1A 2A 3A adaptateur d'alimentation universel chargeur adaptateur Eu Us pour bandes lumineuses LED - AliExpress

- Then you need a femal DC (5.5*2.5 / 2.1) Connecteur d'alimentation CC mâle et femelle, écrou de prise jack, montage sur panneau, adaptateur d'alimentation CC, 5.5x2.1mm, 3.5x1.3mm, 5.5x2.1mm, 10 pièces - AliExpress

- You must cut the red side (JST male-PH female) of a wire connector Câble adaptateur de prise de batterie Lipo, connecteur de charge mâle et femelle, chargeur de batterie modèle RC, 22AWG, JST à PH2.0, 1S, 10cm, 10 pièces - AliExpress     

- Then you must solder the femal DC connector to the cutted side of the wire connector.

- Be very carreful the side of +V and GND are inverted on the shield. You must switch the +V and GND of the wire, using a needle.

- about code you just need to copy my code in C.

- I don't understand your worry about gears and motors. I use servos. No need of gears.

Edited by oracid

4 hours ago, oracid said:

- I don't understand your worry about gears and motors. I use servos. No need of gears.

Thanks for the wire, I will think about it 

For your code, did you use some program to predict the motors to move at some speed and angle repeatedly with many variables? 
about the gears, my motors are geared 1.4:1 and is there a gearing function in C+ for servos? when setting servos to certain variables, can you add something like [14:40] signifying 14 tooth gear to 40 tooth gear?

Also does the board come with a remote control receiver or Bluetooth so that you can send signals from a device?

Edited by glowytheglowbug

- Bien sûr, le programme prévoit la vitesse et la répétition du mouvement de chaque patte.
- Je ne comprens pas votre question. Le fonctionnement des servos est basé sur l'emploi d'une bibliotèque dédié, Servo.h
- Non, l'Arduino Nano est un microcontroleur 8 bit, parfait pour commencer. Il n'intègre ni wifi, ni Bluetooth.
- Pour commencer, il faut que tu regardes un tutoriel sur Arduino. Il y en a beaucoup sur YouTube, dans toutes les langues.

1 hour ago, oracid said:

- Bien sûr, le programme prévoit la vitesse et la répétition du mouvement de chaque patte.
- Je ne comprens pas votre question. Le fonctionnement des servos est basé sur l'emploi d'une bibliotèque dédié, Servo.h
- Non, l'Arduino Nano est un microcontroleur 8 bit, parfait pour commencer. Il n'intègre ni wifi, ni Bluetooth.
- Pour commencer, il faut que tu regardes un tutoriel sur Arduino. Il y en a beaucoup sur YouTube, dans toutes les langues.

Alright, thanks for your help! Ill try and figure out the Arduino soon, just got the 10 motors and will be testing them out with one Arduino I already have.

Sorryyyyyyy !

- Of course, the program provides for the speed and repetition of the movement of each paw.
- I don't understand your question. The operation of the servos is based on the use of a dedicated library, Servo.h
- No, the Arduino Nano is an 8-bit microcontroller, perfect for getting started. It does not integrate wifi or Bluetooth.
- To get started, you need to watch a tutorial on Arduino. There are many on YouTube, in all languages.

On 11/4/2023 at 12:17 AM, oracid said:

Sorryyyyyyy !

- Of course, the program provides for the speed and repetition of the movement of each paw.
- I don't understand your question. The operation of the servos is based on the use of a dedicated library, Servo.h
- No, the Arduino Nano is an 8-bit microcontroller, perfect for getting started. It does not integrate wifi or Bluetooth.
- To get started, you need to watch a tutorial on Arduino. There are many on YouTube, in all languages.

I just received my 10 Geekservos and borrowed an Arduino kit, I'm not sure how to control it yet (after I figure out C++ language ill try) I have a raspberry pi too, will purchase the Arduino Nano soon.

IMG_20231108_103148IMG_20231108_103148IMG_20231108_102347IMG_20231108_102416

IMG_20231108_102428

IMG_20231108_102457

IMG_20231108_102451

IMG_20231108_102347

Excellent ! It's a first step.
You can start your learning with the Arduino Uno while waiting to receive the Nano, the shield and the battery.
Starting a learning experience with a kit is a very good thing.
Be careful, during your learning, do not directly connect a GeekServo to the Uno.
A RaspBerry Pi is a PC, with the complexity of a PC. A multitude of programs run simultaneously, whereas on a microcontroller board like the Arduino, only one program runs, the one you wrote.
Good luck with your learning.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, oracid said:

You need to do a bit of soldering :

- From the wall, you have have the charger with is DC (5.5*2.5 / 2.1) male connector. 110-240V DC 5V 6V 8V 9V 10V 12V 15V 0.5A 1A 2A 3A adaptateur d'alimentation universel chargeur adaptateur Eu Us pour bandes lumineuses LED - AliExpress

- Then you need a femal DC (5.5*2.5 / 2.1) Connecteur d'alimentation CC mâle et femelle, écrou de prise jack, montage sur panneau, adaptateur d'alimentation CC, 5.5x2.1mm, 3.5x1.3mm, 5.5x2.1mm, 10 pièces - AliExpress

- You must cut the red side (JST male-PH female) of a wire connector Câble adaptateur de prise de batterie Lipo, connecteur de charge mâle et femelle, chargeur de batterie modèle RC, 22AWG, JST à PH2.0, 1S, 10cm, 10 pièces - AliExpress     

- Then you must solder the femal DC connector to the cutted side of the wire connector.

- Be very carreful the side of +V and GND are inverted on the shield. You must switch the +V and GND of the wire, using a needle.

Do you think I can connect the DC to USB-A instead? And is there a British plug version for the connector?

3 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

Do you think I can connect the DC to USB-A instead?

No ! Don't do that. Anyway, the USB-A is on your PC.

I don't know about British plug. 

1 hour ago, oracid said:

No ! Don't do that. Anyway, the USB-A is on your PC.

I don't know about British plug. 

I'm getting the shield with a PH2.0 port.

I meant is there a USB-A to PH2.0 plug that will work for the shield instead of having to use wall power?
And for the wall plug - PH2.0 can I just splice a normal wire to PH2.0 or do I need some special adapter, do they sell wall plugs to PH2.0 so I can program my robot continuously or how would I make one?

No, you can't use the a USB-A to PH2.0 plug.

As I said before, with a battery, you need to use a JST to PH2.0 adapter, the link is above, but be carrefull, the GND and V are inverted on the shield.

With the wall DC power, you need to make your own adapter. I have not found a DC to PH2.0 adapter.

All is explain above, with the right links.

Edited by oracid

2 hours ago, oracid said:

No, you can't use the a USB-A to PH2.0 plug.

As I said before, with a battery, you need to use a JST to PH2.0 adapter, the link is above, but be carrefull, the GND and V are inverted on the shield.

With the wall DC power, you need to make your own adapter. I have not found a DC to PH2.0 adapter.

All is explain above, with the right links.

Alright, thanks! technically all I need is a plug that has DC power, cut it open and then solder it to PH2.0, right?

Alright, thanks! technically all I need is a plug that has DC power, cut it open and then solder it to PH2.0, right?

You can do that. 

You cut the end of the DC wire. Then you cut the JST connector from the JST/ PH2.0 wire. Then you connect the 2 wires.

But with a needle, you must invert the 2 little connectors of the PH2.0 connector. This is very important.

On 11/13/2023 at 2:21 AM, oracid said:

You can do that. 

You cut the end of the DC wire. Then you cut the JST connector from the JST/ PH2.0 wire. Then you connect the 2 wires.

But with a needle, you must invert the 2 little connectors of the PH2.0 connector. This is very important.

Can I power the shield with this? its an AC-DC power converter and is pretty old, works pretty well and when tested with a multimeter its accurate

IMG_20231118_083100

It can power the circuits and servos pretty well 

IMG_20231118_083105

I will purchase some voltage regulators and capacitors too to keep the voltage stable-ish 

IMG_20231120_084403

IMG_20231120_084347IMG_20231120_084415

Here are some images of the current build :D

I will purchase some voltage regulators and capacitors too to keep the voltage stable-ish

The DC power (link above) is very cheap and you can directly power your Arduino Uno with which it already contains a voltage regulator.

The regulators and capacitors would cost more .