Trekkie99

Change povray default light positions in Stud.io?

Is there anywhere accessible that Stud.io stores light positions settings for povray?

I've taken to exporting povray files and then editing in my own settings, and was wondering if there was a way to replace some of the default light settings (front, back, right front with sub light, etc.) with my custom ones.

Hi,

The template (or rather bits of it) is in the code.  Studio uses LDView’s code (it’s in the licence and exported files), and AFAICT, it’s how LDView does it.

(There’s still people using POV-Ray?)

19 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Hi,

The template (or rather bits of it) is in the code.  Studio uses LDView’s code (it’s in the licence and exported files), and AFAICT, it’s how LDView does it.

Okay thanks! I figured it'd be something like this after not immediately finding anything in Studio's data files.

19 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

(There’s still people using POV-Ray?)

Heehee yes I've been experimenting trying to get a cleaner/less photorealistic look for wip photos, that can better showcase design choices/complexities.

I tried turning off shadows to better see parts in nooks and crannies, but the rendered translucent parts looked horrible (they never look amazing though lol).

Ideally I wish I could just take higher quality screenshots from the 3d viewer for this purpose. Would you have any suggestions? Maybe LDView?

LDview has been around for a long time, and is still an amazing rendering option. And yes, I too wish we could get basic screenshots in Studio done with the instructions renderer.