Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 76266 Endgame Final Battle

Here is my review on 76266 Endgame Final Battle:

THE GOOD:

• Great selection of minifigures (a few re-use but if you don't own the earlier sets then it's really good).
  • Interesting build through out building the ruins.
  • I do think it's great design on how you can place the pegasus flying out the portal.
  • Another lively diorama.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• For some, this might be boring given we had another endgame final battle few years back but that one was before the destruction.
  • Valkyrie's outfit can be a bit more whiter I guess, it's a bit too grey.

I enjoyed building this and like the end results. Without a doubt this set will always be compared with the Spider-Man one, but I will focus in this one.   While it's a scene of ruins, it actually looks pretty good and very lively.  It's also very tall.  The way the design allow you to pose the Pegasus flying out the Portal is brilliant.  There are quite a few MCU easter eggs/references incorporated into this set, opening it up will reveal a couple of them.  Surprisingly, this set does not have many stickers, just a few essential ones for exterior details.  The build of the tower is actually pretty fun and interesting.  The design also gave it very good stability so it doesn't fall a part.  the minifigures line up is great in my opinion, especially if you missed out some of the earlier set.  For this set, you do get a new variant of Wanda, Valkyrie and Thanos.  Although Valkyrie a bit too grey, a little bit more white or silver might have make her better.  The other downside is that we has another endgame final battle set not so far back, although that one was a scene before the destruction.  Well, if this is your first MCU set then it won't be a problem, it fact if you have not own much of the marvel sets before this turns out to be a very good set.  At $180 NZD, it's a bit high  but it's a reasonable price is my opinion considering the content and compare to some other recent sets.  Plus it's not hard to get a discount on this one.  I would definitely recommend this one if you like the MCU but if you don't like MCU then really nothing much would appeal to you in this one.  One thing though, this has so much possibilities to recreate some of the most ridiculous parody of endgame by just adding other licensed minifigures to this.  Now I just need to find more pieces to add more portals!