Sign in to follow this  
idlemarvel

Colour mapping LDD to Bricklink

This must be documented somewhere but I can't find it after 30 minutes of searching, so apologies if the answer already exists.

Is there a mapping of colour numbers / names used by LDD to those used by BrickLink? 

For example LDD calls something 194 Medium Stone Grey but BrickLink calls it Light Bluish Grey.

LDD 154 New Dark Red is just Dark Red in Bricklink.

LDD 371 Warm Tan maps to what in Bricklink? Tan or Dark Tan?

You get my point I hope.  Having designed some models in LDD I would like to order the parts on BrickLink.  

I am aware there is an "Upload" facility to read an LDD .lxf file which does the mapping but I have some problems with that which I am about to put in another topic.

Thanks for your understanding.

EDIT: I just found a colour chart on BrickLink which, assuming LDD uses the official Lego colour numbers, seems to provide the mapping.

https://www.ryanhowerter.net/colors.php

Edited by idlemarvel

Good luck with that list when converting large designs.

LDD is pretty much dead right?
It still works and relies on volunteers who make 'custom' parts packs and/or LDraw database is used but other than dead LDD itself has no updates since many years.
If I'm wrong I apologize.

Might as well start with Stud.io which translates one on one to Bricklink (both owned by TLG). It imports LDD files but many require work after that.
Next to that use the SKU number (Stock Keeping Unit) or ID number, it holds color and part and can't go wrong with that on Bricklink and TLG Pick a Brick

Edited by Berthil
typos

Thanks for the tip on using SKU / ID number @Berthil

LDD is dead as far as TLG is concerned but it continues to work well (under Windows 10) and as long as new parts are being added I am very happy with it.  I guess at some point I may have to migrate to Stud.io but I'm putting off that date as long as possible! :-)