evancelt

Coattail legs for LEGO minifigures

As I'm sure many of you have seen, there is a prolific series of Napoleonic Army figures being sold on AliExpress. These figures aren't created by LEGO but are very high quality. They can generally be found for <$1 ea with free shipping.

Recently I've been experimenting with taking the legs from these AliExpress figures and adding them to official LEGO torsos.

The AliExpress figures feature nice coattail prints on the legs and this can add a lot to a period torso.

However, I think the AliExpress legs are a bit too busy for my taste, so I've been using an electric eraser to partially remove the print to simplify the design.

These three AliExpress figures have good legs for use with Redcoats and Dark Bluecoats:

ae-fig-2.jpg?ex=653bca47&is=65295547&hm=ae-fig-3.jpg?ex=653bca47&is=65295547&hm=ae-fig-1.jpg?ex=653bca47&is=65295547&hm=

If you remove the bottom of the waistcoat but leave the coat color on the front of the legs, these can be added under LEGO torsos:

IMG_1239.jpg?ex=6533e78c&is=6521728c&hm=

I also removed some of the creases in the pants to make them purer white/dark tan. As you can see above, the red and dark blue isn't a 100% match with the official LEGO torso colors, but it is very close.

18 minutes ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

They look nice, but what are those white bowtie pieces made to represent? 

Neck cloths

shirt+buckle+detail.jpg

Lord_Cornwallis.jpg

QvG-DDI5PDQBJnaMvBbEcO4E1pLmRvSqYFP5Vr86

I like that and it goes well together!

As you can see in the left 2 figures in this picture, the legs from AliExpress don't have printing on the top of the foot

IMG_1239.jpg?ex=6533e78c&is=6521728c&hm=

Sharpie took care of it!

IMG_1476.jpg?ex=655bc059&is=65494b59&hm=

On 11/30/2023 at 3:54 PM, evancelt said:

Played around with coattail legs for greencoats as well

Aye, they would make spiffy-looking continental marines, now all they need is a ship, and then they are off to raid Nassau!