This is my brushless M-Motor modification. I have used it in a few models and it hasn't self destructed yet. It is pretty good if you don't mind using an RC radio. I also have some Lego compatible servos so the combination makes it easy to build with Lego and use a good radio.

Edited by MaxBrix
I left some detail out

Thanks for posting! I've seen similar stuff from Aerolight on here, and always like seeing this kind of thing. Buying an ESC and controller seems like a kind of steep price of entry to this world, but maybe one day I'll go for it!

Great stuff @MaxBrix, I watched this video right after release and I am curious if you have found a matching brushless motor to L or XL Lego PF motor housing, that would be a breakthrough, because lot of a time some of us rely on printing their own housing using a 3D printer or other tricks.

1 hour ago, Krxlion said:

Great stuff @MaxBrix, I watched this video right after release and I am curious if you have found a matching brushless motor to L or XL Lego PF motor housing, that would be a breakthrough, because lot of a time some of us rely on printing their own housing using a 3D printer or other tricks.

I haven't, but I think It is possible. I have hope it will be solved.

1 hour ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Agh, that hole punched in the M-motor casing is aggravating my purist tendencies. :cry_sad:

The holes don't really have to be cut but it might get hot.

I have always appreciated your work for several years now.
In my opinion, adapting a non-Lego element inside an original element requires considerable energy.
I am rather a fan of adapting visible servos or motors by screwing or gluing, which can already take a lot of time, but frees the mind from a big constraint and allows the creative possibilities to be multiplied by 100.