Bfin9691

[ENTRY] 6242 Soldiers' Fort (with bonus / value pack!)

I have revisited the Soldiers' Fort with a flavour of the original Eldorado Fortress architecture and incorporated the bonus / value packs which Lego used to promote.

Unfortunately I came to this contest late and didn't have much time to put this together, but I also think this helps to avoid the over detail and use of parts in MOCs, aligns it more to what Lego may release in future and helps with playability which is important for me with the kids.

The new Soldiers' Fort:  

Fort.jpg.717e15a0e18585f3cb723c72ff4c0590.jpg

The first bonus / value pack inclusion of this set would be a trading ship which can dock at the fort and have interactive play:

2044835379_tradingship.jpg.93bfdce5e9991046b3476818b2c28222.jpg

29497595_fortandtradingship.jpg.2e7d9f6aa15723fe1a897a09738634c9.jpg

The second bonus is a Pirate Pack ready to plunder the booty being loaded:

610463167_battlepackas.jpg.8e58ba57eddb2c7b19ae05348b781a96.jpg

I'm going for a simpler construction and more fun playing with the kids, hopefully this will be the future direction for Lego pirates!

This looks like a fun little build!  I would like to see some better pictures; is there any chance you could upload some to Imgur or Flickr and link them here?  Eurobricks is not really great a picture hosting.

That sail reefing mechanism looks great, and you've done a good job of combining some of the iconic features of both the 90s and 2010s pirates.  I like the Eldorado slope-and-arch windows and I think they work really well contrasting against the brown dock.

Nice fort and ship, although I don’t see much resemblance to 6242. If this is meant to be a remake, I would have stuck closer to the layout of that set. Also, I believe value pack bundles like this are against the contest rules, so you might want to submit the ship as a separate entry. 

Is there any interior you could show us?

A nice entry let down by the pictures, my thoughts are as long as that crane works it looks good, others have said there is not much resemblance of which I agree with, other than this I would update the Minifigures minus one or two and add some sand and azure water under the dock, I can't really judge the building from this distance, so I would like some up-close images and interiors if possible, anyway, happy building :)

4 hours ago, Bfin9691 said:

Fort.jpg.717e15a0e18585f3cb723c72ff4c0590.jpg

Thank you for submitting your entry - are these the high resolution images you have?

26 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for submitting your entry - are these the high resolution images you have?

Hey mate, unfortunately these are the highest resolution I could post because the website said I have a maximum of 0.01MB I can upload ☹ original photos are a couple of MB, so I've just reduced resolution of those.

I can't even upload a screen shot from my phone as it's more than the allowable size.

6 minutes ago, Bfin9691 said:

Hey mate, unfortunately these are the highest resolution I could post because the website said I have a maximum of 0.01MB I can upload

You can upload your images to websites like Flickr, Brickshelf or BrickSafe and then link to them from you entry topic.

4 hours ago, iragm said:

This looks like a fun little build!  I would like to see some better pictures; is there any chance you could upload some to Imgur or Flickr and link them here?  Eurobricks is not really great a picture hosting.

That sail reefing mechanism looks great, and you've done a good job of combining some of the iconic features of both the 90s and 2010s pirates.  I like the Eldorado slope-and-arch windows and I think they work really well contrasting against the brown dock.

Thanks mate 😊 it was fun making it and having little stories. Like the wedding proposal on the balcony with a diamond from red beards treasure!

I love the style of eldorado with the arches and colours, it really is timeless. But all series have so much to offer.

Photos were a nightmare! Had to reduce 2MB photos to 20kb to upload them ☹ I will see about getting better pics up somewhere.

Have a great day!!

4 hours ago, iragm said:

Sails are from the recent 3 in 1 pirate ship set, with clips to hold the together.

4 hours ago, Oky said:

Nice fort and ship, although I don’t see much resemblance to 6242. If this is meant to be a remake, I would have stuck closer to the layout of that set. Also, I believe value pack bundles like this are against the contest rules, so you might want to submit the ship as a separate entry. 

Is there any interior you could show us?

Thanks mate 😊

I have the fort I a straight line so it sits on shelf better so it's a bit closer to mine, but can see from a picture on the box they look different.

Unfortunately even getting these photos was a nightmare, but interior is fairly basic given time constraints with only finding out about this yesterday, but I prefer basic to have playability anyway. The busy sets just sit on a shelf or become messes with my kids.

4 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

A nice entry let down by the pictures, my thoughts are as long as that crane works it looks good, others have said there is not much resemblance of which I agree with, other than this I would update the Minifigures minus one or two and add some sand and azure water under the dock, I can't really judge the building from this distance, so I would like some up-close images and interiors if possible, anyway, happy building :)

Thanks mate.

Noted regarding adding bits, but I have to work with what I have unfortunately so not a lot of Azure and sand available ☹

Pictures were limited by site but will see what I can do to get better images somewhere.

10 hours ago, Bfin9691 said:

Thanks mate.

Noted regarding adding bits, but I have to work with what I have unfortunately so not a lot of Azure and sand available ☹

Pictures were limited by site but will see what I can do to get better images somewhere.

Aye, don't upload the pictures directly onto the site, you have to use an image hosting site like Flickr or Bricksafe, that way you can get better pictures and not worry about the size :)