tomdekesel

[MOC] - 25 Years of Adventure Cat. B - A inside view of Charles Lightning's workspace

Before you rush into a new and unknown adventure you need to make your homework first. Tis MOC represents an inside view of Charles' workspace. I had a fun time building this MOC, although it took me quite a while to get it the way I imagined it. 

I first started building Charles to get a good view on the scale of the build. This helped me a lot to build the furniture and further details. I tried to incorporate as much references to the original theme with some micro builds. Can you spot them? 

The office of Charles LightningTribute to the Adventurers theme

Close up Charles

This last pic is just for scale and a global look of the build. 

For scale

Really great large-scale work here!  The details on the shelves in the back are fantastic, love the unique book shapes you achieved as a result of this chosen scale and the little mini-models that call back to Adventurers sets are lovely.  Using Dr. Lightning's signature magnifying glass as his glasses is just icing on the cake!

Sweet build!

This is absolutely amazing. I especially like how you've photographed the MOC. The light shining through the window makes it seem as though it is a real room, and the viewer is in it. Also, I think that is the best brick-built Adventurers character I have seen so far, especially with the boomerang for the mustache part of the beard. I also really like the recreation of the Scorpion Palace map.