Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

Friends sets are quite realistic.

I'd say Friends has also played at least a little bit loose with reality over the years. For instance, while it's possible for multiple members of a high school friend group to have student pilot certification (which at least Olivia and Stephanie seem to have had in the previous generation of sets), I don't think it'd be all that common/likely. :tongue: But I agree with you overall about some of the differences in tone between Friends and City.

Throwing my hat into the ring here, I was big into city from 2008-2018, collected the older space sets (2013 space shuttle and launch pad are still some of my favourite sets) and I think city absolutely peaked with the 2017-2016 waves of volcano explorers and jungle explorers, those sets where amazing, and since then ive been into mostly monkie kid and ninjago, and I think city kinda lost its charm with the re-invention in 2020 with road plates and a younger demographic, but thats just my opinions. But after seeing that space rover set, wow. I am absolutely flawed by the build, like I cannot describe how amazing it looks. Ive always loved space, the more futuristic the better, so im happy to see this. I will admit though that I now know how all the people that grumble about ninjago eating smaller themes feel, this could easily have been its own theme, but its stuck with city licensing and thus city prices and age ranges. Still, I'll take what I can get. I cant wait to see HD pics of this thing and the other rover set thats being released, and I haven't followed city closely but the set names sound so good. Mechs, hover bikes, asteroid recovery, and the modular space station also looks great `9luckily I have a picture before it was deleted). 

From what ive seen so far the space sets (especially the rover) seem to be pretty controversial, but I personally love them and I cant wait for their full release. Im also going to try my hand at building the rover (albeit it in a red and black colour scheme, as ive just recycled an older rover model) so that will be a challenge. Hopefully we see pics soon. Does anyone know the UK pricing for it? Im assuming around £35 as its $40. 

3 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I actually would like to see the images myself.

let's see, its possible to have images even today or tomorrow

Nothing yet, although this week should be the reveal week. I did ask one leaker (I won’t reveal the name on the off chance they don’t want to be mentioned, inner leaking circle is a death trap sometimes) but I asked when we could expect to see the space sets revealed and they said the weekend, so I’m eagerly awaiting that now. 

I know it’s impatient when it comes to waiting for offical reeal of several sets in and outside City theme.  I’m eager to see sets from other themes, such as DreamZzz, Monkie Kid, Ninjago, and CMF. 

I’m also eager about the space sets.

39 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Nothing yet, although this week should be the reveal week. I did ask one leaker (I won’t reveal the name on the off chance they don’t want to be mentioned, inner leaking circle is a death trap sometimes) but I asked when we could expect to see the space sets revealed and they said the weekend, so I’m eagerly awaiting that now. 

I can't wait to see the pics. Then me and several other people can have the fun of criticizing them. :laugh_hard:

9 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I can't wait to see the pics. Then me and several other people can have the fun of criticizing them. :laugh_hard:

In what way, how badly they would operate in space? Not too harsh I hope image.png.2ddc87b37d88394392c1186367025555.png. Sounds like something my brother would do!

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Oh boy, lol. Just give the space sets some space if they are being criticized lol.

The composition of the Lego 60430 space shuttle has been revealed.

I can't see the 60430 yet on Reddit or Instagram.

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

i think that date will be 2 december because last year was 2 december

6 hours ago, icm said:

I can't see the 60430 yet on Reddit or Instagram.

That's because no one posted it on Instagram and Reddit.

If you access Safety Korea, you can see the configuration of the 60430 set, which consists of two bags, one instruction, and two plane bottom bricks.

11 minutes ago, LCP said:

If you access Safety Korea, you can see the configuration of the 60430 set, which consists of two bags, one instruction, and two plane bottom bricks.

I saw nothing new there, i tried finding it but no luck 

13 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I saw nothing new there, i tried finding it but no luck 

I sent the picture to you via Instagram(legocity_prez) DM.

9 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

So that's the mystery GV. I'm disappointed. 

Very interesting to see differing opinions in the city community. I’d be expecting praise as it’s not something we get often. 

2 hours ago, LCP said:

What type of plane bottom bricks? As in the 8x8 ones that make up plane undersides? Could it give an indication of the size of the craft? 

10 hours ago, Lion King said:

Oh boy, lol. Just give the space sets some space if they are being criticized lol.

Yeah can someone explain why these sets need criticism (Other than constructive I guess but no changing that now)? I’m personally really happy to see some more galaxy squad/mars mission type sets. Not everything needs to be classic space or hard near future sci-fi (although I agree on the fact it should have been its own theme). 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Very interesting to see differing opinions in the city community. I’d be expecting praise as it’s not something we get often. 

What type of plane bottom bricks? As in the 8x8 ones that make up plane undersides? Could it give an indication of the size of the craft? 

Yeah can someone explain why these sets need criticism (Other than constructive I guess but no changing that now)? I’m personally really happy to see some more galaxy squad/mars mission type sets. Not everything needs to be classic space or hard near future sci-fi (although I agree on the fact it should have been its own theme). 

Both parts are black, one similar to 4603189. The other one is a size 8*6 and it was my first time seeing it.

From what I can see, this looks good! 

The ship is white and black with sand blue accents (very minimal orange), and looks like a very sleek spaceplane (not a traditional shuttle). The nose uses the relatively new wedge plates that come to a point, and the canopy is trans-black (the same one as the Star Wars pirate snub fighter). It seems to have either three main engines, or just lots of flaps around one, and there are what look like air intakes over the wings on each side of the cockpit; the middle part of the section behind the cockpit (flanked by the intakes) seems to open up to allow a small blue. . . thing (not sure if a robot, probe, scooter, or something else) to be stored. 
One Minifig; seems to be the same torso as we have already seen, but with PDG arms and gold hands (I saw one similar that leaked, but that had a reddish orange left arm). 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From what I can see, this looks good! 

The ship is white and black with sand blue accents (very minimal orange), and looks like a very sleek spaceplane (not a traditional shuttle). The nose uses the relatively new wedge plates that come to a point, and the canopy is trans-black (the same one as the Star Wars pirate snub fighter). It seems to have either three main engines, or just lots of flaps around one, and there are what look like air intakes over the wings on each side of the cockpit; the middle part of the section behind the cockpit (flanked by the intakes) seems to open up to allow a small blue. . . thing (not sure if a robot, probe, scooter, or something else) to be stored. 
One Minifig; seems to be the same torso as we have already seen, but with PDG arms and gold hands (I saw one similar that leaked, but that had a reddish orange left arm). 

Where are you seeing this? Sounds very cool! Is there like an instagram community? I follow most of the ninjago leakers, are there any city leakers I should be following? Any big prominent ones?

3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Where are you seeing this? Sounds very cool! 

6 hours ago, LCP said:

Search “LEGO”, then look at the City entry.