VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I'm really starting to like the Legends. Pass on the vehicles though.

If anyone has any of the new/recolored pieces for 2009, whether it be Glatorian or Legends, I'll take em.

Nice!!! that looks really good so far. ...Is MN about to drop Ackar over a cliff?

no, he is saving him from fall

And thus the student surpasses the master.

Got Gelu today... He's the Bionicle version of Sideswipe (Movie.)

Really? That good? He might b eon my next list then...

Should I get Ackar or Mata Nui first? Both have great recolours and new parts, so it's a toss up.

MATA NUI all the way vert. (IMO), ackar is boring so you should pick up Mata Nui first =)

edit: are stronius' hands mata red or metru red?

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

MATA NUI all the way vert. (IMO), ackar is boring so you should pick up Mata Nui first =)

edit: are stronius' hands mata red or metru red?

metru. It looks really good.

I'll get Mats, then. Though I know Ackar is on my list still for those orange and red parts. Boring-yes, but also MOCability.

metru. It looks really good.

I'll get Mats, then. Though I know Ackar is on my list still for those orange and red parts. Boring-yes, but also MOCability.

Well if you're getting both I'd suggest Ackar first because there's too much focus on Mata Nui IMO xD

It's not like there are little kids saying- "DURF, MATA NUI, MUST HAVE NAO!"

Chances are they'll probably ignore Mata Nui like they do with the orange/brown/yellow canister character. So the chance of that is very unlikely. :sceptic:

Chances are they'll probably ignore Mata Nui like they do with the orange/brown/yellow canister character. So the chance of that is very unlikely. :sceptic:

But the kids llllllllloooooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee Vastus. I went to Toys R Us in Bowling Green and god, there were at least 40 Legends canister. Nothing else.

It's not like there are little kids saying- "DURF, MATA NUI, MUST HAVE NAO!"

Wait-isn't that an oddly complete summary of our conversations lately?XD

Oh, wait-that was Stronius!

Well, in any case, on my next trip, I will purchase Mata Nui and Kiina, or Ackar and Gelu.

In the end, the Titan Mata Nui coloring will be either Keet, Mata Yellow or Gold, not a mash of them.

It's a prototype and the armor pieces in color seem to be pieces already used in the color [Like Yetrax's Onua Shields]

I'm begging for Gold Right now.

It'd be so much better if it was old gold though. =/

My bet is that they'll use the same yellow they used on the canister version. It'll probably cost too much for TLC to dig up the information regarding the mixtures used to produce Keetongu's color.

In the end, the Titan Mata Nui coloring will be either Keet, Mata Yellow or Gold, not a mash of them.

It's a prototype and the armor pieces in color seem to be pieces already used in the color [Like Yetrax's Onua Shields]

I'm begging for Gold Right now.

It'd be so much better if it was old gold though. =/

Well, I TRUST Lego. They brought us uber-sexy Gelu (Vert, forget that I ever said that.) and uber-awesome Mata Nui. The sky's the limit! (Well, actually, after passing the atmosphere, one then encounters space, so technically....) THE UNIVERSE IS THE LIMIT!

It's a store exclusive, we're lucky that the mask alone is a recolor. :wink: Look at the way they've carefully distributed colors between preexisting parts -- nothing's gonna change there.

I kinda like the set. It has a style that's oddly retro -- the canister Mata Nui set is all Bara Magna, but the titan looks like he'd fit right in with the original Toa and Tohunga and whatnot. I know we didn't get any sets of that size in 2001, but he looks to me like what such an '01 titan would've looked. He's classic, and I'm diggin' it. =D

-Ikk

Well, I TRUST Lego. They brought us uber-sexy Gelu (Vert, forget that I ever said that.) and uber-awesome Mata Nui. The sky's the limit! (Well, actually, after passing the atmosphere, one then encounters space, so technically....) THE UNIVERSE IS THE LIMIT!

I can't disagree :) Gelu is a sexxy-beast! yeah, baby, yeah!

It's a store exclusive, we're lucky that the mask alone is a recolor. :wink: Look at the way they've carefully distributed colors between preexisting parts -- nothing's gonna change there.

I kinda like the set. It has a style that's oddly retro -- the canister Mata Nui set is all Bara Magna, but the titan looks like he'd fit right in with the original Toa and Tohunga and whatnot. I know we didn't get any sets of that size in 2001, but he looks to me like what such an '01 titan would've looked. He's classic, and I'm diggin' it. =D

-Ikk

True that! The sort of jumbled look of the old combiners is very much apparent. I' liking this set a little more each second.

Let us democratically decide who the best Glatorian Legend is

First read this

Then vote

It's fun

Trust me

Stronius 20

Ackar 20

Vastus 20

Kiina 20

Gelu 20

Mata Nui 20

We'll have one addition and one subtraction per vote since there's only six

Mai vote

Stronius 21 +

Ackar 20

Vastus 20

Kiina 20

Gelu 19 -

Mata Nui 20

And check if you get ninja'd

I wish the BZPower staff would realize how much Mata Nui sucks, instead of putting up a review on the front page saying how legendary he is. Lame.

I don't know how this could be a good thing.

~Bunda

For nostalgia's sake, it's good. I have certain tastes in unconventional design and bizarre looks. sue me. :sadnew:

But not really :tongue:

I'm still getting both MN's for their great parts.

And I think that the canister MN looks fine. not quite legendary, but still pretty good.

Stronius 22 +

Ackar 20

Vastus 20

Kiina 20

Gelu 18 -

Mata Nui 20

Stronius 21 +

Ackar 20

Vastus 20

Kiina 20

Gelu 19 -

Mata Nui 20