VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I always thought the BIONICLE characters were kinda cyborg-ish. On a related note to your apparent fear of cyborgs...

I know BIONICLE characters are technically cyborgs, but not the scary general grievous kind, with robotic faces that host an incomplete organic head inside...

Since I place holes in masks with mouths behind them, I guess I'm clear.

I always thought the BIONICLE characters were kinda cyborg-ish. On a related note to your apparent fear of cyborgs... I was surfing the net and found this:

750241912702d808cc8978863938bdaa.jpg

TEE HEE

I found what?

I found what?

You can get the link to it if you reply to his post.

I guess I'm just more into anime style. Too much Yu-Gi-Oh when I was little :tongue:

... so those Bionicles, huh.

You can get the link to it if you reply to his post.

...or you can control/right-click on it and select "open image in new window". (for macs, don't know about PCs)

Mr Whimsy that is...interesting, IMO, and I want to see someone make a MOC of it.

Since I place holes in masks with mouths behind them, I guess I'm clear.

I always thought the BIONICLE characters were kinda cyborg-ish. On a related note to your apparent fear of cyborgs... I was surfing the net and found this:

750241912702d808cc8978863938bdaa.jpg

TEE HEE

vlcsnap-968260.png

Whaaaat?

Well, It'l make a challenging MOC if nothing else... :hmpf_bad:

I take it that I missed alot? Anyways, I'm just saying that I hope you guys will enjoy '09 Summer without me. Long story, but involves one boy and a dance.

Vertz, tell me how well TLB goes.

O'course, newfound comrade! Good luck at ze dance!!! Anything else ya need taken care of while you're gone?

Yeah... it does. I wonder if that's where he got it? I think Greg said there was a story behind Mata Nui's weapon.

~Bunda

Guys, I yhink you might want to read my post in the OGD about the Red Star...

Would've preferred we found that out in a serial, or a couple of years down the track as promised. :hmpf_bad:

However, now that we know the purpose of the Red Star, and we also know that we weren't meant to know it for a while, doesn't that mean we will be returning to the MU as main storyline in a few years to see Makuta lift of?

Oh, for the love of F***. Greg, you gotta be the stupidest storyteller EVER. Who on Earth gives away all plot secrets on a website?

You can tell he is getting tired of the whole thing. And blah, so am I.

-Ikk

Well, I may have some good news to share but unless, of course, I'm not aware some one else posted it. I received my May/June BrickMaster issue a little early and the issue has new pictures of the Bionicle movie coming out this fall. Apparently some stuff has changed since we've seen the trailer. Mata Nui does have a mouth and is visible to be seen. But, unlike the older movies, the mouth is not apart of the mask but actually attached to his face. The bottom part of the mask is gone, making an upside cut out of a V, so you can see his mouth. Also his weapon is finally named, it's called the "scarab shield", and it looks a little different now than what we saw in the trailer. His body looks exactly the same from the trailer. There is one problem I have with the new info. Judging from two pictures that are shown, it appears Mata Nui will have a pet beetle that stays on his shoulders. Not too happy about that. If this is new info I'll try to get scans up tomorrow.

Edited by Pigbrick

Oh, for the love of F***. Greg, you gotta be the stupidest storyteller EVER. Who on Earth gives away all plot secrets on a website?

You can tell he is getting tired of the whole thing. And blah, so am I.

-Ikk

Greg should just not reply those q's.

But then again cool new info. :P

Edited by S-N

Well, I may have some good news to share but unless, of course, I'm not aware some one else posted it. I received my May/June BrickMaster issue a little early and the issue has new pictures of the Bionicle movie coming out this fall. Apparently some stuff has changed since we've seen the trailer. Mata Nui does have a mouth and is visible to be seen. But, unlike the older movies, the mouth is not apart of the mask but actually attached to his face. The bottom part of the mask is gone, making an upside cut out of a V, so you can see his mouth. Also his weapon is finally named, it's called the "scarab shield", and it looks a little different now than what we saw in the trailer. His body looks exactly the same from the trailer. There is one problem I have with the new info. Judging from two pictures that are shown, it appears Mata Nui will have a pet beetle that stays on his shoulders. Not too happy about that. If this is new info I'll try to get scans up tomorrow.

Why thank you, Pigbrick! Now, does the mouth look stupid, or a little bit awesome?

Now, does the mouth look stupid, or a little bit awesome?

I really have no problem with it. It looks more metallic than the older plastic feel of the other movies and it looks as if it was based off the mouth of the new head molds of the Glatorian sets. His mouth/head color is a actually bley. Also, I really like the eye design for this, they're not big or fill up the eye hole. What I mean is that you can actually see some of Mata Nui's head through the eye holes like the toy masks. This I really like. As for the beetle pet thing, I'm just guessing that's what it is. I've seen it in two pictures, both with it on Mata Nui's shoulders, so I'm guessing the beetle will be with him for most of the movie. Also, I forgot to mention this, there's a Vorox in one of the backgrounds of the pictures. Very hard to make out what's new with it but it feels as if the Vorox will be bulkier in the movie than the actual set. It makes sense to me.

Edited by Pigbrick

I really have no problem with it. It looks more metallic than the older plastic feel of the other movies and it looks as if it was based off the mouth of the new head molds of the Glatorian sets. His mouth/head color is a actually bley. Also, I really like the eye design for this, they're not big or fill up the eye hole. What I mean is that you can actually see some of Mata Nui's head through the eye holes like the toy masks. This I really like. As for the beetle pet thing, I'm just guessing that's what it is. I've seen it in two pictures, both with it on Mata Nui's shoulders, so I'm guessing the beetle will be with him for most of the movie. Also, I forgot to mention this, there's a Vorox in one of the backgrounds of the pictures. Very hard to make out what's new with it but it feels as if the Vorox will be bulkier in the movie than the actual set. It makes sense to me.

Do you think (by this new update (considering the other characters may be affected as well)) that this will make the movie any better, leave it at the same level or is it gonna suck?

Anyway, I found this interesting youtube video depicting a Bionicle character in animation. I'm not sure if this would be copnsidered spolier or this was done not for the canon or whatever, but I thought it was awesome.

Do you think (by this new update (considering the other characters may be affected as well)) that this will make the movie any better, leave it at the same level or is it gonna suck?

Anyway, I found this interesting youtube video depicting a Bionicle character in animation. I'm not sure if this would be copnsidered spolier or this was done not for the canon or whatever, but I thought it was awesome.

That is really epic! Antroz was just made even cooler. I wonder if that's the test animation that Greg told us about...