VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Gelu was referenced as a he in a conversation between Greg and another member. (And he was referenced by Greg)

Well that brings down to "2" then....either it's Stronius or Kiina....

Toa Mata Nui

Well that brings down to "2" then....either it's Stronius or Kiina....

Toa Mata Nui

It's obviously Kiina. The odd body construction was obviously an attempt to make it look feminine.

ShaddowCroc said:
kiiinasassets.png

Those look enough like armored breasts if you ask me. Don't forget Roodaka, those Rahkshi heads didn't look much like boobs, either.

Boi what are you on about

kiiinasassets.png

Those look enough like armored breasts if you ask me. Don't forget Roodaka, those Rahkshi heads didn't look much like boobs, either.

Ummm, I'm not sure what you're seeing, because the mage is too blury for me to see anything.

And why not Ackar? Or that red glatorian on the Thornatus?

Or one of the summer Agori?

Question: Why have gears and functions disappeared from the Toa sets?

Answers: CR2: Posability, hard to build for younger kids

Lego has lost their faith in children. :sadnew:

Ummm, I'm not sure what you're seeing, because the mage is too blury for me to see anything.

With the way this conversation is going, it's probably best you don't know. :wink:

Or one of the summer Agori?

Nope, I'm 99% sure we were told we would get a female Glatorian in summer. And come on guys, if you forget the Mistika Makuta, everything about Kiina suggests femininity - colour, name, wiry build and hunkbackness.

Yay! Set Designers answers part 2! And they even answered on of my questions:

Oh, just got Berix. :thumbup:

You call those answers? They evaded pretty much every question. >_>

And they didn't say why they brought tan back. :cry_sad:

Withered flesh..........sagging breast.............flabby buttocks.......it makes me want to vomit!! :sick::sick::sick:

My thoughts on Kiina. :wink:

She reminds me of Eezma(sp?) from the Emperor's New Groove. =P

So... looking at these larger pictures...

Kiina: Mostly want. Very interesting looking. I hope she is ancient.

Gelu: eeeeeehhhh... I mostly like him. Those snowflakes on his arms are kind of gross, but it'll give me a chance to get them in a set I like. I have no desire to get Metus.

Mata Nui: I'll get him because he's Mata Nui. He looks okay besides.

Stronius: Very hard to tell what's going on, but besides his club I see very little that interests me. It looks like he either has new shoulder parts or mask-shoulders, like Takanuva.

Vastus: Easily my least favorite. He looks like a wreck. Those fins on his mask.. tsk tsk. Those Hordika legs also looks awful. They only worked on Chirox, IMO. Possibly new shoulder armor? Looks like he may have a Vahki leg chest like Kiina. His weapon looks really cool, and it looks like he might have solid green Inika feet. Yay?

Ackar: Easily my favorite. He may be generic, but, like Gresh, he pulls it off wonderfully. If I may say, I think he looks even better than Gresh. Much better IMO. And he's possibly mata red? I think this is the first time ever the fire set is my favorite. I can't wait to see more pics of him.

~Bunda

Ackar: Easily my favorite. He may be generic, but, like Gresh, he pulls it off wonderfully. If I may say, I think he looks even better than Gresh. Much better IMO. And he's possibly mata red? I think this is the first time ever the fire set is my favorite. I can't wait to see more pics of him.

~Bunda

No, in that image of Ackar displaying his counter, he seems to be dark-red and orange.

No, in that image of Ackar displaying his counter, he seems to be dark-red and orange.

That doesn't have to be Ackar in that image. Last year, there was a red hand holding the Midak that displayed it's shooting function, but no red set with Midak exists.

EDIT: Of course, it would make sense, seeing as in the image, Ackar looks completely Mata Red, which never will happen.

Edited by Satellite Jack

Yeah, come to think of it, with BIONICLE's reputation, I bet Stronius is the chick. 7_7

Pfft, I thought that weeks ago, and it's probably true.

I don't know about you guys but is it worthless (or worth it) to have the life-counter piece on the summer sets??? I don't care either way but just an idea or so...

Toa Mata Nui

STRONIUS IS A SHE?

Doesn't have the same ring to it… :cry_sad:

Hasn't been flat out confirmed, but it just makes sense considering how manly the set looks.

If Ackar turns up Mata Red, I would literally die. <3 Mata Red, Orange, and flame swords.

I think Kiina is/should be the female set, but it'll end up being Stronius :laugh:

Well, here are my thoughts:

Ackar- I get a very generic Jaller Inika vibe...but I really, really like it.

Gelu- I usually like the white sets anyways, but those blades, that armor, and that mask. WIN!

Stronius- Can't really tell. Looks beefy, and I like the club, but eh :/

Vastus- The scythe and armor are cool, but that new mask and the hordika legs are bleh.

Kiina- Looks...thin. Mask is weird, trident-things are cool, and armor looks interesting.

Mata Nui- Duh, I'll get him. Ignika=gold=win. The rest looks kinda eh.

T-Nui

To be honest I see nothing at all appealing in Ackar besides his cool name.

When the other sets are bad, then a generic build is great. If the other sets are good, a generic build is ok. If the other sets are unique and/or good at the same time, then a generic build is horrible. We have the first, with Mata Nui not included because everyone is gonna get him anyway.

The other sets look pretty good to me.

Stronius has that awesome club and possibly new armor, and from what I can see he looks pretty appealing.

Vastus isn't perfect, but he has a consistent aesthetic and looks decent.

Kiina has cool new armor, a good weapon, and looks pleasantly feminine. Silver's disappointing, but she's good overall.

Gelu looks a little cluttered, but he's got a cool color-scheme and looks icy. Plus good pieces.

Mata Nui is Mata Nui.

Ackar just doesn't stick out to me at all. :sceptic:

About Bionicle femininity... wtf? If Bionicle characters don't reproduce biologically then there's no point in having genders or any kind of romantic affliction. Technically ALL of the Bionicle characters are completely gender-neutral.

Just for Laughs

HERE IS MATA NUI....

toa_Mata_Nui_SET_LIKE_by_armandoestebanquito.jpg

JUST A STUPID DRAW BY A BORED MAN

EDIT: If someone wants another one from summer sets..well, just say

Edited by Antrozek

About Bionicle femininity... wtf? If Bionicle characters don't reproduce biologically then there's no point in having genders or any kind of romantic affliction. Technically ALL of the Bionicle characters are completely gender-neutral.

Yet I doubt a story full of "it"s will be very appealing, and if everything was a "he" there'd be riots about how sexist it is. Plus, it probably helps the kids relate to them better or something IDK.

It's actually confirmed that people have sex on Bara Magna?

Later in the year it'll be revealed that the entire BIONICLE cosmos is a car, and Bara Magna is the backseat.