VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Eyesplosion. Wow :classic:

So, does anyone know anything at all about "Titan Mata Nui" yet?

Pics, set info, price etc?

Thanks

Will/Rocketbilly

Yes, definitely. Have Makuta remake the universe in his image.

As to Tren Krom, I think freeing him should be a plotline of itself. Maybe the EP entity could work some magic?

EDIT: Oh, and, if you don't like a character - trash compactor!

Trash compactor - WIN.

Assuming that the EP entity isn't happy with the current state of things... they could seek him out and alliy with him, then track Krom down. It'd be a little better than just having Artahka teleport Lewa there in seconds, IMO. :/

I also got an amazing idea while writing earlier - at some point, Terry needs to completely shut down all gravity, heat and light to one of the domes... assuming that he is standing up, the result would be horrific - the characters, trapped in an icy black void, falling down down down... when they hit bottom, it'd be ugly. xD I already have a feeling as to how it's going to work out, just need to try and see if I can write it to do it justice. ;)

And, for remaking the Universe - Metru-Nui will become a massive, black, armored Fortress. Rakhshi patrolling everywhere, massive walls with some sort of weaponry mounted on them... they'll be black, of course, with crystal spires. Something GB fortress inspired, most likely. He'll terraform most enviroments, too; lots of Krahkken statues, and the ground will start to become black crystal as well. He needs to start reshaping islands and really making himself feel more at home. xD

Every standing city would be torn down and replaced with new ones littered furnaces, forges, and stations made of black rock and burned metal. Matoran would sleep in crude mass stone shelters. Each lightstone would glow red and the ones on the dome roofs would glow through a dense fog some level above each landmass. Sea and land travel would be patrolled by Rahi wearing infected masks, whereas the most densely populated areas would be under the surveillance of Rahkshi. Exo-Toa would guard all important work stations, and Toa of Shadow would oversee the construction of a thousand statues erected to Makuta. Species such as that of Krekka, Sidorak, and Axonn would be forced into slavery, whereas Skakdi and Vortixx would be employed to annihilate all existing species that might contain the slightest threat to Makuta.

Makuta would be able to create Kraata and Ra-Matoran at will. Hundreds of new, bizzare and gruesome Rahi would be brought into existance. The most skillful and loyal beings would serve to mass-produce these new terrors, as well as experiment on Matoran, Rahi, and every known creature in the Koruru Nui -- the new name granted to the universe of shadow. Finally, Toa of Shadow would be sent to seek out the greatest treasures known in legend, such as the Mask of Void, the Mask of Aether, and the Creation Stones.

Spur-of-the-moment. =P

-Ikk

@Ikki - Nice. VERY nice. I like the name, btw. Maybe that should be how he refers to his 'Empire'? Insted of Makutaverse? :tongue:

@Gunnar - Almost like he'd be a head authority figure for the city? Something that everyone could SEE, rather than just having Teridax speak to the whole universe when he wants to convey a message...

I like the idea of having the Skadi, Vortixx, and Shadow Toa as dominate species, and Krekka, etc. as the workforce. As far as Shadow Toa go... I'm getting some evil ideas. Might it be time to corrupt some of our old friends? IE: The Mahri... ?

Edited by Hydrobius

@Gunnar - Almost like he'd be a head authority figure for the city? Something that everyone could SEE, rather than just having Teridax speak to the whole universe when he wants to convey a message...

Yeah. Matoran feel no loyalty for Makuta, but they'll listen if one of their own spreads his propaganda for him.

Yeah. Matoran feel no loyalty for Makuta, but they'll listen if one of their own spreads his propaganda for him.

ESPECIALLY if Makuta is somehow influencing them to be a bit more... open to suggustions. I'll take the idea, thanks. :)

I'm probably going to corrupt three or four of the surviving Mahri into Shadow Toa... that way, one will be alive and well to see his friends embrace the shadow. Maybe it will even drive him over the edge to insanity, too, I dunno. Kongu will probably be the one who remains uncorrupted... maybe Hewkii, too. As I said before, if all this goes as planned... I have to keep this away from BZPower. Why?

...I've contemplated possibly killing one of the Nuva. xD (Gali, actually - near the climax or whatever. Her death may be the most cliche' way to go, but... I don't really want to see the others go, and someone needs to be the example that the heros are NOT invincible, so... )

Edited by Hydrobius

ESPECIALLY if Makuta is somehow influencing them to be a bit more... open to suggustions. I'll take the idea, thanks. :)

I'm probably going to corrupt three or four of the surviving Mahri into Shadow Toa... that way, one will be alive and well to see his friends embrace the shadow. Maybe it will even drive him over the edge to insanity, too, I dunno. Kongu will probably be the one who remains uncorrupted... maybe Hewkii, too. As I said before, if all this goes as planned... I have to keep this away from BZPower. Why?

...I've contemplated possibly killing one of the Nuva. xD (Gali, actually - near the climax or whatever. Her death may be the most cliche' way to go, but... I don't really want to see the others go, and someone needs to be the example that the heros are NOT invincible, so... )

Just don't kill Onua and I'm fine. :classic:

I like Onua. :classic:

...Also, anyone else notice how Onua did another Deus Ex Machina in the latest RoS? I love it when he does that.

Onua is one of the few BIONICLE Deus Ex Machinas that I like. Although in the RoS I really wonder how bad Makuta's surveylance is when he consciously toys with the group by swallowing a member, and then projects his voice through the Exo-Toa, and then he just ignores Onua as he digs a endless chasm beneath the Exo-Toa? When you are the air and the earth, I'd think you should notice a disruption like that, and even if he didn't, why did he just drop attention and leave once he confronted the group, as opposed to watching the capture follow through.

Getting back to Deus Ex Machinas, I hope we won't see Vezon back soon, because he is now a Deus Ex Machina in it's worst form, and he's already screwed around with Helryx, Keetongu, Vultraz and Mazeka enough already. Personally I hope Vezon either dies or looses his his power, because Inter-dimensional travel is almost as bad as time-travel, which is

why the writers of Heroes made Hiro loose his powers

, because those kind of powers can fix any storyline problem.

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Onua is one of the few BIONICLE Deus Ex Machinas that I like. Although in the RoS I really wonder how bad Makuta's surveylance is when he consciously toys with the group by swallowing a member, and then projects his voice through the Exo-Toa, and then he just ignores Onua as he digs a endless chasm beneath the Exo-Toa? When you are the air and the earth, I'd think you should notice a disruption like that, and even if he didn't, why did he just drop attention and leave once he confronted the group, as opposed to watching the capture follow through.

Getting back to Deus Ex Machinas, I hope we won't see Vezon back soon, because he is now a Deus Ex Machina in it's worst form, and he's already screwed around with Helryx, Keetongu, Vultraz and Mazeka enough already. Personally I hope Vezon either dies or looses his his power, because Inter-dimensional travel is almost as bad as time-travel, which is why the writers of Heroes made Hiro loose his powers, because those kind of powers can fix any storyline problem.

Well, in my opinion, I hope Vezon plays some sort of heroic (even if accident) role. I mean, come on! he's my favourite character. I was kinda hoping he'd be transformed into some kind of cross between a Toa and a Skakdi... a Skaktoa!

Also, for some reason, I want Teridax, sooner or later, to have a complete mental breakdown. But not all of a sudden. It should probably start out as minor paranoia as most of the MU continue to refuse him. His own over-confidence begins to break and needs more units to carry-out his agendas. Then, he begins to realize that he's falling in the same trap that Mata-Nui was once in and perhaps he feels is still a slave to destiny. A mental hallucination of his with all of the Brotherhood of Makuta he's killed would also be nice. The MU catches on to his breakdown and begin a Universe wide Revolution to appose him. At this point, Teridax begins to become more and more unhinged and begins to have blatant disregard for the MU and the body he inhabits and begins to destroy himself to rid of his torment and tormentors.

We've all seen how Teridax is a smooth and intellectual menance. I'd like to see what he really is: Nothing. (He is still awesome, but he needs to go down)

How is that?

Edited by Krekka01

Heroes spoiler!

which is why the writers of Heroes made Hiro loose his powers, because those kind of powers can fix any storyline problem.

I've been spoiled! Unknown-4.png

~Bunda

Edited by Bundalings

I've been spoiled! Unknown-4.png

~Bunda

Whoops, sorry. :blush: I didn't realise that that info was still a spoiler...How far is the screening in your country? :sceptic:

Anyway, I blacked it out in my post, so black out your quote of my post as well, in case anybody else thinks it's a spoiler. :blush:

Whoops, sorry. :blush: I didn't realise that that info was still a spoiler...How far is the screening in your country? :sceptic:

Anyway, I blacked it out in my post, so black out your quote of my post as well, in case anybody else thinks it's a spoiler. :blush:

No problem. :classic:

It doesn't come on late here. I live in the US. =P

I just wait until it comes out on DVD. I don't like wading through the commercials.

~Bunda

No problem. :classic:

It doesn't come on late here. I live in the US. =P

I just wait until it comes out on DVD. I don't like wading through the commercials.

~Bunda

Watch it online then, only if you've got a video-friendly bandwidth that it... :classic:

A disturbing thought came to me recently - because the Baranus is half wheel, half ball-jointed animal thing and connected together with chain, the swooshability of this thing is going to go right down compared to the other vehicles isn't it? I mean, Baranus isn't going to go fast enough to make those wheels worthwhile unless the Spikit is hovering in midair being pulled by your hand. :sad:

Lol I love Heroes! :D

Lol I love Heroes! :D

I liked it a lot before it got bad. Villains was so terrible that I almost quit watching.

-Z

Why no black hands this year? we've got dark green, lime green, gray, red, keetorange(is that right?), white, mata blue, light blue, tan but no black :cry_sad:

Why no black hands this year? we've got dark green, lime green, gray, red, keetorange(is that right?), white, mata blue, light blue, tan but no black :cry_sad:

I've been asking that question too. After years of getting tons of them as the generic hand, why do we not get them now that there are proper hands? It seems more pointless than the Inika having new heads! :wacko:

New pics

EDIT: or maybe not...

Or maybe so!

Some nice closeups in there, especially of Gelu and Cendox. Come to think of it, I am really liking Cendox more and more. I may just get him, should Skopio prove too expensive. It is a shame the tan is on Thornatus, it isn't really my favorite of the new vehicles.

Liking the new Reign of Shadows, better than the first "episode". Unfortunately, since Greg really outdid himself on Empire of the Skrall and Riddle of the Great Beings so far, RoS sort of pales in comparison.

VK

Alright, so you know... I've saved most of the suggustions; so far, I feel as if I can incorporate most of them naturally (I like the ideas, too) and will probaly have them all show up at some point. I have some basic plans for Vezon; NOT sure how he'll fit into things quite yet, but... as I said, I'm thinking about it. Finally, I'm especially intrigued by the Teridax-breakdown scenario, along with him hallucinating. Never a bad thing, IMO.

Hi Greg, hope you're doing well.

Got one question for you today - how exactly would Tren Krom move if he was free from his bonds? Would he walk, slither, teleport, fly... you never really elaborated if he had legs or if he could use his tentacles as support, so... just wonderin'. I'm writing some stuff that involves him possibly walking around and interacting with people, so it'd be nice to know how he does it.

Thanks in advance,

~Basilisk

Slither

As you can see form this, TK slithers too get around. With that, I'm finally ready to start writing the actual chapters... or updates... or whatever, not sure how long they'll be. In the meantime, I'm almost finished with the Prologue; you guys SHOULD see it tonight, if all goes well. Maybe tomorrow if I'm not happy with it; we'll see. =)

...I also plan to use Akhmou as you suggusted, Gunnar, and have him give the majority of the orders to the Exo-Toa squads and the Rahkshi. Teridax is still learning control of his newfound powers for the first little bit, so he'll act as his physical communicator to the Matoran and just about everyone else who is being given orders.

...I'm so hyped right now, it's not even funny. xD

Nice new pics. But that Ignika... is pretty darn ugly.

Well, at least it still resembles the Ignika we know...