VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Indeed, it's up and Greg already pulled a bore and killed a character we never knew that well. What a waste. But Vezon's fate is... interesting. =p

Indeed, it's up and Greg already pulled a bore and killed a character we never knew that well. What a waste. But Vezon's fate is... interesting. =p

Who cares if some guy named Guardian dies? (Supposing he is dead--no body and all.) The whole purpose was to display that Makuta knew where they were and was toying with them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this serial was rather short. But I'm not worried, we have plenty of time to gain insight on how the Matoran of Metru Nui are living their enslaved lives.

Personally, I'm hoping Makuta has the Matoran build him a new body, like a safeguard in case Mata Nui's robo-body ever fails him. This way, when/if Mata Nui returns, we can have Titan sets of both and have them face off.

VK

Well, now we know what opened the BIA portal... this is better than Vezon Nuva at least. Nicely done. The other stuff was short but had a good feeling of bleakness and end-of-the-worldliness, which was present in latter parts of 2008 and which i hope stays.

But 'Makutaverse'? What is this, some crappy fanfic?

-Ikk

But 'Makutaverse'? What is this, some crappy fanfic?

I like it. Although I certainly hope that this fanficcy trend doesn't end in Makuta using his powers to make some Gali/Hahli slash fic.

I can't believe the guy stood there and only took pictures of the BOXES for Thornatus and Skopio! And there's no canister pictures, which also stinks.

Still, the Spikit looks cool, but the chariot for Baranus is not really inspiring me. It just doesn't seem that impressive, seems more like a BIONICLE platform for the Agori to stand on.

Kaxium looks even cooler than it did on the box pics. Definitely getting that.

But WHY no SKOPIO?

VK

V-K - I don't think there were the bigger sets, because they may have been too big. The big ones would be the ones you'd take pictures of if you could.

Everybody needs to go to the Space Police topic and look at the new alien minifigs. I'm amazed by them, and one head could make a good kadin, and another looks just like Chirox's or Kirop's mask!

V-K - I don't think there were the bigger sets, because they may have been too big. The big ones would be the ones you'd take pictures of if you could.

Everybody needs to go to the Space Police topic and look at the new alien minifigs. I'm amazed by them, and one head could make a good kadin, and another looks just like Chirox's or Kirop's mask!

True. Can't see why they'd bring the Troll Fortress but not Skopio, but I'll leave this man the benefit of the doubt that they weren't there. Still, though, nice to see the box pics in what seems to be a somewhat better quality.

VK

Skopio is bigger I think. That or somebody didn't want to waste time building it for this event. However did build them didn't care to much because they put the Baranus rider's hands (grey :cry_sad: ) the wrong way around.

I feel nothing but hatred for the new serial, I'm tired of the stupid scifi crap that has been pumped into that story.

Thank goodness for Bara Magna.

Even though that Spikit is ugly as sin.

The worst part is it could work if the color scheme on it had any rhyme or reason. I mean, what the hell are they trying to do, are they blind? Lime green head, shoulder blades, and back spine and then gunmetal and silver? WHAT?

Ok, if it's supposed to be some kind of gunmetal harness, yeah that's cool, but why would you make the legs silver? Duh, make them green. Why is this so difficult?

Oh well. The Chariot is cool I guess. :(

Edited by InnerRayg

I love the Baranus rider, especially his helmet -- and I like both chariot and beast for their designs, though their colorings are way out there. Might be fixable though, which would make for an awesome set. If nothing else, the Spikit would look great on a Tesaran Agori. =D

The Kaxium is even blander than before... but the closer pic of the Thornatus makes me drool. So much tan, such a perfectly makeshift design -- just rocking brilliant and right at home in the desert. The only thing that needs to go is the rider, but after four years of that generic design, it should be possible to come up with a better version.

WANT. Mata Nui pics though.

-Ikk

Five Internets to whomever guesses my age.

16?

I like all of them better now. That tan thing I like much better now...same with the motorcycle. I want the riders and their helms. I really want those helms now. They look so cool, especially with the ice blue head. The two-headed dog could use a ton more work though. Rest of chariot is a bit messy, but the dog's scheme is a mess. It should be completely green (various shades) with the gunmetal completely isolated on the top and detachable as a harness. I want pics of the other ones now.

Edited by Icesaber

Everybody needs to go to the Space Police topic and look at the new alien minifigs.

They are indeed cool.

Not much to say about the new pics. The Spikit looks awful but for the absolutely amazing head pieces. They're so clean and shiny... I hope we get recolors. Seriously, that is a beautiful piece and I will buy the whole set for it. The Baranus itself looks decent for parts, but the whole thing looks... store exclusive. If you know what I mean. Thrown together and ugly.

But they Spikit heads... :cry_happy:

Sure, the don't looks vicious, but... <3

~Bunda

Edited by Bundalings

Spinax also was supposed to be vicious and all. But he looks so cute, almost too cute in almost any pose. Same with this Spikit, I guess, except for two heads.

Kaxium is cool, though. I like bikes. For other sets - I prefer to wait for actual set photos, not box art.