VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Anyone see the new piece that is behind the hewkii blades, facing us? It's a sort of circle shape with two stems; kinda reminds me of what Onua Mistika had on his blaster. There's even a laser mounted on it. And, whatever his shoulder armor is (awesome, IMO) he appears to have a silver version of it in his other hand...

I think it's a prototype, actually. Not only is it different from the leaked images, look at the right shoulder - you can see part of a Zamor launcher. Not a Thornax, but a Zamor, just like the Glatorian prototypes.

That armor on the legs looks like it could be...Carapar thigh armor? Maybe. Definitely looks tan :thumbup: (from what I see, looking at the magazine in hand). Tan Inika torso, Onua Mistika chest armor (brown?), tan on the thigh armor. He seems to have tan of those claw-things on is shoulders, and a silver one in his other hand. Looks like some kinda new piece with a laser sight that's holding the 2 warblades, mahri blade, and Kopaka bayonet together. He has a life counter and a thornax launcher on his shoulder, but its like the winter prototypes, a zamor launcher. And there's a... hand piece (?!) by his head? :sceptic: The Ignika looks like it could still be the same mold (I hope so :cry_happy: ). Maybe its connected to a Metru/Av-matoran head, or a turned Glatorian head.

Anyways, my take.

T-Nui

p1010820.jpg

here's one...

Lemme try for something clearer

yay

He looks yellow though, and that's a bummer. I'm PMing SPIRIT now with a request to reopen that topic... it was closed unjustly.

~Bunda

Edit: Why is his Onua chest one stud lower than in the other pic? My guess is he's built wrong...

Edited by Bundalings

yay

He looks yellow though, and that's a bummer. I'm PMing SPIRIT now with a request to reopen that topic... it was closed unjustly.

~Bunda

Edit: Why is his Onua chest one stud lower than in the other pic? My guess is he's built wrong...

It looks more tan to me. I thought I had it figured out too, but it just looks different with the magazine in hand.

And I have a feeling the armor being one lower mave have something to do with how his head is connected. :wacko:

T-Nui

Edit: Yes, there do appear to be black hands :thumbup:

Edited by Takanuva-nui

I don't see hands at all... looks like it could just be some joints. I hope not, but I dunno.

~Bunda

I just think they may be hands because it seems to be one joint (from his arm to the weapon) snd it curves a little bit, and seems a bit long for an old MU hand. That, and I may be seeing things, but I think that the ridges of the fingers may be visible.

I just really want to see his face! It's attached all wierd, so seeing it will be nice... as with leaked pics of the bigger sets. Come on, someone wants to get fired in order to show us those! xD

I'm PMing SPIRIT now with a request to reopen that topic... it was closed unjustly.

~Bunda

PM him with a link to the picture here, because this one is obviously not a silhouette, but the previous picture was. :classic:

PM him with a link to the picture here, because this one is obviously not a silhouette, but the previous picture was. :classic:
The person in the topic was indeed right, as is evidenced by this picture. (Not mine)

So I suggest you re open the topic...

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Here's what I'm going to do. First, I'd like to know who scanned the image (so they can be credited properly), then I'm going to tell Kongu the Dork that he can make a new topic, just as long as people remember not to discuss the summer set images. Sound good? smile.gif

So I just PMed Vertea to see if he has a BZP account that can be credited for the pic. :classic:

~Bunda

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Here's what I'm going to do. First, I'd like to know who scanned the image (so they can be credited properly), then I'm going to tell Kongu the Dork that he can make a new topic, just as long as people remember not to discuss the summer set images. Sound good? smile.gif

So I just PMed Vertea to see if he has a BZP account that can be credited for the pic. :classic:

~Bunda

I'm pretty sure he does, I'll just go find it for you...

Wow! I'm gone playing Zelda for one hour and all this???

Thanks for giving me credit, guys! :) I sent a PM reply just a second ago, so you should get my BZ name.

What's with the disk attached to Nui's right arm? Is it a variation of the life counter game?

Disk is on his back.

Looks like tubing from a Zamor Launcher.

Could be just a typical prototype replacement for now.

[-The Alchemyst-]

I looked pretty hard. I'm quite sure it's a prototype thronax. This implies that Toa Mata Nui has a shoulder mounted launcher-which means dual melee weapons!!!!!!

Crap, I just got a Proto drop on BZPower because I assumed the mystery character in the mag was Mata Nui. What the heck? Most people have assumed that anyway and I don't see why just going ahead and saying it merits a proto drop.

~Bunda

Edited by Bundalings

Crap, I just got a Proto drop on BZPower because I assumed the mystery character in the mag was Mata Nui. What the heck? Most people have assumed that anyway and I don't see why just going ahead and saying it merits a proto drop. I'm really pissed right now.

~Bunda

gahd damn BZP! sorry 'bout that, bundalings.

Crap, I just got a Proto drop on BZPower because I assumed the mystery character in the mag was Mata Nui. What the heck? Most people have assumed that anyway and I don't see why just going ahead and saying it merits a proto drop.

~Bunda

Meh, I told some members there that the myterious red guys back was Ackar. :tongue:

Sorry to hear about that though.

They dropped your proto for that? They dared to drop Bunda's proto!...baaaaaaaad people... *Goes to start riot*

SO have there been any higher res pics of *ahem* the goods?

gahd damn BZP! sorry 'bout that, bundalings.

But I like BZP too much for it to be cursed. ;_;

Anyway I'll probably just buy another PMship soon. It's about to run out. Actually, I think it already did run out and Big D just forgot to cancel it... >_>

On topic: The (probable) yellow on Mata Nui is really bumming me out. =/

~Bunda

~Bunda

WTH? Without the spoiler summer set images, it is still a fair guess to say that the character is Mata Nui. The blurb of the Young Reader book that involves Toa Mata Nui talks about how Mata Nui lands deep in the desert, and it is confirmed that Mata Nui will be a 2009 set. We know Mata Nui makes himself a body, and we can heavily assume that he wants to keep a low profile, so he bases the body on the local inhabitants, the Vorox (because he is in the desert), hence the sand colour and Vorox weapons and spikes seen on the teaser. Taking all this, the mystery character is far out in the desert, and so is Mata Nui, who is also a mystery to the Glatorian and Agori. All in all, it is very justifiable to treat the mystery character as Mata Nui, because so many clues add up.

To take away Proto from you demonstrates the short-sightedness of who-ever took it, in them assuming that you simply saw the leaked images and based your statement on that, making your post an attempt to restir the leaked image discussion problem. However, for the reasons above, you can clearly see that the statement of Mata Nui being the mystery character can be reached from the above facts.

In fact, I'm going to go over to BZP now and post this theory to prove that Mata Nui is the Mystery Character without the use of spoilers. Really sorry for you Bunda. :sadnew:

Me too. The idea that that hunched eye-sore is the set that every BIONICLE fan has been waiting to see for years is making me sad...

...BTW, Vertea, I need your BZP username to give credit for the enhanced mystery MN picture. What is it?