Hi all!

Do you know a complany that ships to Europe and prints custom stickers? My main problem with making custom stickers all my own is the color. But some help with the design would also be awesome (like managing the precutting geometry, or providing templates for specific parts, etc). Maybe my request is stupid, because making stickers in such a low volume is not profitable. Custom printing is also an option.

Anyway, how do you people make your own stickers?

2 hours ago, Lipko said:

Anyway, how do you people make your own stickers?

Personally, I don't. Homemade ones on printable sticker paper don't look great and professional printed ones are too expensive and still need to be cut accurately due to the thickness.

I prefer waterslide decals for homemade decorated parts. The print quality is the same as printing on paper, but being thin the edges don't show as much as for sticker paper.

18 minutes ago, MAB said:

I prefer waterslide decals for homemade decorated parts. The print quality is the same as printing on paper, but being thin the edges don't show as much as for sticker paper.

Can their colors 100% cover the parts? Though it still has the problem that it's hard to match the colors. I don't have a laser/white ink printer so experimenting would be expensive. But thanks for the tip, it's definitely worth to look into!

48 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Can their colors 100% cover the parts? Though it still has the problem that it's hard to match the colors. I don't have a laser/white ink printer so experimenting would be expensive. But thanks for the tip, it's definitely worth to look into!

Most of the torsos I apply decals to are either white or black so colour is not a big deal. Transparent decal paper works best for white ones, and white paper printed black for black ones. I tend to colour the edges of black printed decals with a felt tip before applying.

Matching colours is very difficult.The official RGB or CMY colours are available, but of course you need to know if the printer is correctly calibrated to get a perfect match.

Another alternative is to laser cut vinyl stickers without a background so the background is not an issue, but again expensive and difficult to apply if small.

I make my own very cheap sitckers with :

- Inkscape software to create the stickers design and the cutting template
- Some A4 paper label (i can probably improve the result here with thinner paper but i have a huge stack to go thru first)
- A good laser printer
- Some crystal tape to prevent wear and bring some shininess
- A laser engraver/cutter (there are fablabs everywhere now)

Here is the result

Stickers_DIY.JPG

675x450.JPG

Edited by Ptchnk