mjjas13

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] Kraken-class Deep Lurker

This is my interpretation of the Kraken-class deep lurker. A vehicle mentioned in Shadow Fall, it is an imperial vehicle that is a submersible heavy artillery vehicle. It was capable destroying A-6 Juggernauts but very vulnerable to starfighters. Since there are no pictures of the vehicle, I based it off the crab cannon from the 2003 Star Wars Clone Wars. There is precedent for the imperials to appropriate and imperialize vehicles for their use. Like the imperial mobile heavy cannon in the Star Wars Commander mobile game. So this is an imperialized version of the crab cannon. It can fit a pilot, gunner and imperial officer. Has one large cannon used as its primary weapon, four anti-vehicle weapons, and four side mounted anti-personnel cannons. Importantly, no anti-air cannons. I tried to emulate the imperial aesthetic, especially the imperial mobile heavy cannon and in my head cannon this was made by the same company.

52954615628_db229b6b97_c.jpgkraken class deep lurker by mjjas13, on Flickr

52954615608_32b0dda9a8_c.jpgkraken class deep lurker_bck_2 by mjjas13, on Flickr

I love how you tackled a ship with no previous pictures :thumbup: A very effective representation.