CommanderJonny1

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] Imperial Boarding Craft (RB)

Rapid deployment, rapid success.

The Imperial Boarding Craft (Rapid Boarding) is, despite its bulk, a fairly maneuverable craft capable of delivering troops and heavy infantry equipment to almost any target. Outfitted as a small armory, it can be used to breach an enemy position, and then facilitate further troop landings with support from the weapons within. Armed with two laser cannon turrets and equipped with magnetic clamps, boarding charges, and laser cutters, along with its decent troop capacity, this vehicle can pack a punch like the warhead it resembles.

Imperial Boarding Craft #1

Imperial Boarding Craft #2

Imperial Boarding Craft #3

Imperial Boarding Craft #4

Imperial Boarding Craft #5

Imperial Boarding Craft #6

Imperial Boarding Craft #7

Imperial Boarding Craft #8

Imperial Boarding Craft #9

Originally a way to get into the craft, the cockpit section can come off. I decided to make it able to turn into a small repulsorlift scout flyer. It's unarmed, but could be modified to carry light weapons on the side, and I was able to put some cargo on the back, although I wasn't able to put a proper 'truck bed' in the back like I wanted to because of structure necessities.

Imperial Boarding Craft #10

Imperial Boarding Craft #11

Imperial Boarding Craft #12

Imperial Boarding Craft #13

Although the model only has nine Stormtroopers, you could almost double that number, and maybe even squeeze in a few more (although I couldn't in Stud.io because posing a figure isn't as fine-tuned as IRL). There's an E-Web, a small power generator, a rocket launcher, a pair each of DLT-19 and T-21 blasters, thermal detonators, mortar shells, and an ion weapon; along with a couple cargo boxes. Everything can be removed, and other items placed in those spots. Unfortunately, I don't think a figure will fit along the sides, even sitting down. The landing gear work, though you have to remove some small plates from the underside to fully extend them.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, MKJoshA said:

A very effective trooper chariot.

Thanks!

On 6/12/2023 at 4:10 PM, Jody Meyer said:

Alright, this is a nice, I would almost ask for the file to build. Great concept.

Thank you! I'm not sure how I'd give you the file anyways, as no one's asked me before (BrickLink, maybe?). I feel I do a bit better on original builds for Star Wars (or Sci-Fi in general) than takes on actual craft because there's a little more freedom for design and build techniques (or the ones I know anyways), and therefore it's easier to just create something. It's usually more fun too! :laugh:

Also modified bricks/plates and slopes. Modified bricks/plates and slopes for days.