Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Goh 10 C: Cedrica Dock and Tavern

52787039217_4955513c14_c.jpg

VIDEO

In a city with water, transport by boat is an easy way to transport goods through the city. Sometimes boats need an upgrade or a quick repair. No one gets the job done faster than the Golden Owl. Their reputation is known throughout Historica. And while you are waiting, make sure to grab an ale at the tavern. Which is part of the larger Drunken Pony Chain.

As always it's quite busy with daily life. A new boat is being christened, a woman is walking her dog, a wealthy man is going to spend his money on booze and a few Mitgardians are looking for a rogue elf.

52787991860_ef92ce756c_c.jpg

52787824984_e764500fa2_c.jpg

52787991570_c3ef14e807_c.jpg

52787991440_03ed107490_c.jpg

52787039062_bdaa3cd7fa_c.jpg

52787824679_687f4994ce_c.jpg

Fantastic!  I really love this build. There's so many great things going on here.  The olive and dark tan really work together, and they contrast with the dark brown perfectly. The color blocking on the various levels looks great too.  That old pony looks weird in a field now that we have a newer one, but it works perfectly as the sign for the drunken pony!  You did a great job posing the mounted patrol in an action shot. It really looks like they are moving with some sort of urgency.  The arrangement of various shields over the arch looks great, and I love the owls at the top.  Great use of the Dr. Strange cape on the nobleman, I'll have to remember that for my builds!  The shipwright bay is a great idea, and well executed. Love the hanging cloth, it looks realistic.  Kudos for using the old 33 degree corner slopes. I've always loved those pieces for some reason.  Awesome build, and some excellent photography to boot!

Wonderful build.  The elf on the roof is great.  I like the color choices and the wooden framing.  The roof with the 1x1 rounds is nicely done.  I like the use of all the old shields.  Some great fig designs here too like the elf, lord with dr. strange cape.

I find I'm really liking how much minifigure activity these Cedrica builds tend to have!  It really fits the bustling capital city feel.  The dark green under the water looks great here, so do the quarter tiles along the pavement edge.