Sign in to follow this  
_Avgvstvs_

[LEGO Ideas] Medieval Castle

webp

The set you see is inspired by the concentric castles of the thirteenth century, with rounded towers to better resist the blows of the catapults and trebuchets (2.621 total parts).

The Castle is inspired by maximum realism and above all and as always by maximum playability (if you don't play with minifigures you'll only have half fun!).

My latest medieval creation is on Lego Ideas, vote for it if you like it, and spread the word, thanks.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d1484eaa-6e52-46d0-8c3f-5040d0b49c52

webp

webp

webp

webp

It is a nice enough MOC for play set but to be honest looks rather boring to build with all those curved panels  (1/4 cylinders) with stickers used for all the decoration. There are enough brick built castles on there that most adults buying IDEAS sets would tend to go towards those instead.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

It is a nice enough MOC for play set but to be honest looks rather boring to build with all those curved panels  (1/4 cylinders) with stickers used for all the decoration. There are enough brick built castles on there that most adults buying IDEAS sets would tend to go towards those instead.

Thanks for the frankness,
you will be able to understand that I don't agree with you, this is the most real castle you can find made with lego, I don't care if there are panels with stickers, the important thing is the result and the cost
(surely this wouldn't cost 399 euros...).
I am also capable of making cylindrical towers with bricks, but I find them absurd and the result would be a very, very expensive castle...

bye, take care

On 3/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, _Avgvstvs_ said:

The set you see is inspired by the concentric castles of the thirteenth century, with rounded towers to better resist the blows of the catapults and trebuchets (2.621 total parts).

The Castle is inspired by maximum realism and above all and as always by maximum playability (if you don't play with minifigures you'll only have half fun!).

My latest medieval creation is on Lego Ideas, vote for it if you like it, and spread the word, thanks.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d1484eaa-6e52-46d0-8c3f-5040d0b49c52

Great castle! I supported it and left you a comment on Lego Ideas!

On 3/26/2023 at 3:33 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Great castle! I supported it and left you a comment on Lego Ideas!

thank you very much :pir-huzzah2: