Sign in to follow this  
weavil

CAT 329DL Excavator 1:16 Scale

I'm Back with another huge build: The CAT 329 D L. I came across It and thought it would be an easy build as the curves and size would work. It was not that easy.

It's as close to 1:16 scale as I can get and has Power Function. It has 2 PF-L for the drive, 1 PF-XL for the main boom, and 3 PF-M for the boom, rotate, and bucket.

I set the battery boxes close to the rear of the body. However the beast kept growing in weight and I had to add the old 9V box into the build. 

It also features opening side panels for the power switches, able to rotate 360°, and opening cab door.

The W.I.P thread.  More pictures.

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

The only hard problem was with my printer and could not make sticker. Thank you for your time.

Working on the video, but the weather has been crap. Tomorrow or Monday I will have the video, because I want to also get clips of it digging Lego 1x1's and both are in two different places.

Looks good :thumbup:

But it seems to be big for the sake of beeing big ;-)

The thing I like the most is the arm with its bent but sturdy construction.

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Looks good :thumbup:

But it seems to be big for the sake of beeing big ;-)

Thank you and yes and I kind of regret it, but I suck with it because I was determined to build the beast and was happy with the results too.

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

The thing I like the most is the arm with its bent but sturdy construction.

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

I like the shape of the boom!

Thank you. I probably spent more time getting the curve of the arm right than the body of the build. This version of CAT has a different curve than other excavators.

A little slow but good movement for its size, that is why I always try to build my rc machines as small as I can, looking for have the minimum weight to lift.

That's on me. I wanted the arms to be enclosed and it was heavier than expected, but went with anyways. 

Next MOC will be smaller so don't worry.