Sign in to follow this  
Aerolight

Highest rpm vacuum engine?

Have finally improved my engine and the design now peaks at over 2800 rpm (almost 50 revolutions per second) and best of all it is a ridiculous mechanism, no simple slide valves and has 3 cylinders. 

For the video on it I want to make a sort of speed run history sort of video, where I go through the process of how I got to this engine. But I want to try to make sure that 2800 rpm is the highest currently obtained, has anyone seen an engine that revs higher, I have tried to keep a look out but mostly find videos vastly overclaiming rpm i.e. 8000rpm where the design is good for 1200rpm 

Excluding turbines, they can rev to over 10K rpm 

I know this is a fringe interest so sorry for asking such a specific question 

Yes...fringe interest indeed. I would need more info why you discount others achievements. I searched for like five minutes and found several examples that appeared credible to me of over 10000 rpms.

In all honesty, 2800 rpms isn't really that much for Lego vacuum engines. I am sure there are engines out there capable of much more.  

can u link a video? they do sound like they run far faster than they do its a real disappointment when you measure it to me at least  

Sry did not mean to sound disparaging of other peoples mocs people have built ones far more impressive than mine just mine is optimised for rpm

Edited by Aerolight

?  okay, but this is really just spit-balling.  Literally just searched in YT.  tons of hits right after.  I did not look at specifics and a low degree of scrutiny, but after a cursory look, seems legit to me.  

thanks they do sound a lot more impressive than then numbers suggest, super disappointed I could not get to 3k though even with a pre EU ban vacuum cleaner 

Posted (edited)

I made a LVE that uses the piston mechanism and tops out at 3,850 RPM.

I measured the RPM in the same way that lucas dynamics used in his video.

I agree that it is very impressive, we are catching up to vacuum turbines!

Also mine is a one cylinder LVE

Edited by enginelegopower