Sign in to follow this  
Pirate_King_1982

Check out what my Bros and Dad got me for my B’day

78DFB54D-FE5D-445A-B079-B7C8E805087EFAB9C528-583F-4BC6-8772-7EDD2639982E

Even though they’ll tease me lightheardly for hobbies, my brothers, Andrew and Ricky, and my Father bought me these two sets for my birthday. The slushy van will slot anywhere in my fledgling city, New Brickhaven, and I’m going to build a camping area with the other, which will have a lake and a couple of A frame cabins, some other campers/caravans and a scout troupe with tents.

Happy Birthday @Pirate_King_1982 - enjoy the building! I like the idea of the lakeside camping area. I think there were some BAM scout-like uniforms released, which may be useful - surprised we haven't had one in a CMF series though...

BrickLink - Part 973pb4878c01 : LEGO Torso Shirt, Red Neckerchief, Green Sash with Scout Badges Pattern (BAM) / Tan Arms / Yellow Hands [Minifigure, Torso Assembly, Decor.] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys, I just finished putting together 60283 and it is a lot larger in person than it looks on the box art I then promptly went to Lego.com and filled out the survey for a chance to win more Lego. Just curious, has anyone ever filled out a claim for missing pieces, as the frying pan was missing? Is it a difficult process?

Just finished assembling 60384. It’s smaller than the camper, which I quite like, as in real life unless two cars are the same make and model they’ll be different sizes than each other, so it adds a touch of realism. I love assembling new leg kits, the instructions are clearer than those found in the sets from when I was a kid. Also the bags are numbered as you’re all probably very well aware of, where as back in the day they weren’t IIRC, though they were still grouped together in relation to what part of the build they formed.