Noisemaker

[MOC] F1 Racetrack with paddocks

After some work in my (not so much :sad:) freetime, I almost finished my project for a F1 racetrack with paddocks.
I started to work on it some months ago, due to I like F1 and motorsports and I was partially inspired by old LEGO sets I played with when I was a child.
First design idea was based on old road plates, but I cannot find a plate that really matched my idea and needs. So I decided to move on to new LEGO modular roads and I think it was a very good choice: they gave you ability to reach high details level. I was able to reproduce racetrack start line, cars positioning lines, pit lane markers and so on. In addiction to it I was able to add studs on pitlane so you can attach mechanics minifigs.
The top section of each team-box can be detached easily and can be swapped togheter as you prefer. I designed some race commentary rooms with microphones, race statistics on monitor and so on and a podium part. The podium section is two team-box wide, fully detachable and has a pilots after race interview room on the back.
MOC has width compatible with standard 32x32 road plates (2 of them) so it can be easily added to an existing layout. I also tried to imagine some stickers to be placed on podium section top panels.
I tried to design this as modular and extendable as possible and now I'm working also on the part for the spectators which will be attached in front of paddocks (where there's the small green grass part) and it will be also compatible with 32x32 road plates.

I added my MOC to LEGO Ideas, if you like it you can support me here:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a914f1ad-f2da-4ec9-80df-009c2073b7c1
NOTE: I cannot edit the project on Ideas yet, so some images here are newer and a bit different. In a couple of weeks I will be able to edit the images on Ideas as well :D

webp

webp

webp

webp

webp

Minor updates with a section for TV, with a rotating-tilt cameraman and a satellite network connection to transmit the race over the world
webp

webp