scarovich

[MOC] Flying Hummingbird

This project began life as a kinetic sculpture attempting to simulate the unique wing movement of a hummingbird as it hovers. I used transparent parts to recreate the shimmer of the Violet-Crowned Woodnymph as it flies and did my best to accurately portray the bird's wing movement when it hovers.. The bird can be displayed on or off the kinetic gearing, atop the basket handle or on its own. If you like this, check out this posting for it on Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8012b40d-008f-443d-a45a-7d11e081700b

IMG_1828sm.gif

Bird_07a.jpg

Bird_01a.jpg

Bird_05a.jpg

Bird_04a.jpg

One of the most beautiful Lego designs I have seen for sure! The movement of the wings looks so real! I was already supporting it on Lego Ideas, it definitely deserves 10000 votes.

1 hour ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

One of the most beautiful Lego designs I have seen for sure! The movement of the wings looks so real! I was already supporting it on Lego Ideas, it definitely deserves 10000 votes.

Thank you so much!

wow, that is a super detailed lego automaton....great mechanic...just saw the wooden version...that was always too complicated for me

3 hours ago, Diamabolo said:

wow, that is a super detailed lego automaton....great mechanic...just saw the wooden version...that was always too complicated for me

Thank you.  Indeed, replicating the Colibri automation is what I was going for on this.