Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don't. They're remaking DA shops now? :jollyroger:

I'm guessing they mean a remake of DA as in a variant of sorts of what is on shelves with different shops. If so hoping for Borgin and Burkes and Leaky Cauldron. I can't see how it could be a remake of the current DA shops when that expensive set is still on shelves for another year or so. And bRickbRat said 'expand' DA not replace. :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Would you be disappointed if both sets were remakes of sets that are currently in store shelves?

Well, I suppose disappointment could be reduced by minifigure selection and what we have to consider with the term remake: 2023 Room of requirement is a remake of the 2020 one, but they are really different (style, minifigure selection, scene depicted); Hogwarts Great Hall appeared in 2018 and as a section in the 2022 Chamber of Secrets set, both in my opinion enjoyable.

Edited by BrickMatit

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm guessing they mean a remake of DA as in a variant of sorts of what is on shelves with different shops. If so hoping for Borgin and Burkes and Leaky Cauldron. I can't see how it could be a remake of the current DA shops when that expensive set is still on shelves for another year or so. And bRickbRat said 'expand' DA not replace. :shrug_oh_well:

Some DA stores did feel small and could use some Expansion. 

6 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Interesting. If that's the case I hope it really does add on to DA not make it look akward. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

7 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Imho, the only stores from DA set that can stand on their own as a set are Ollivander and Weasleys Wizard Wheezes.

Edited by BrickMatit

12 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

A Hogsmeade Expansion is long overdue but shame it’s only a side build. 

So the two unknown sets are a DA expansion and a Hogsmeade expansion?

14 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

A Hogsmeade Expansion is long overdue but shame it’s only a side build. 

Both, Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, miss important locations: Leaky Cauldron and Borgin and Burkes (even if Knockturn Alley is not properly Diagon Alley :laugh:) and Hog's Head. Between those three, I would put Leaky Cauldron, maybe with a small muggle street section, at the first position; then Hog's Head, with a winter scene to pair with the other Hogsmeade parts; last position Borgin and Burkes. It's true that Diagon Alley misses some shops, but they're not something I can see as a LEGO product, cause imho they're not so iconic neither as stand alone neither all together.

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So the two unknown sets are a DA expansion and a Hogsmeade expansion?

Almost right 

DA Shop expansion $90

????? with a Hogsmeade Expansion side build $130 

Side Note: How many people here bought the Hogwarts Express D2C set? 

1 minute ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Almost right 

DA Shop expansion $90

????? with a Hogsmeade Expansion side build $130 

Side Note: How many people here bought the Hogwarts Express D2C set? 

Okay thank you for the clarification. :classic:

I bought the Hogwarts Express D2C.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…just why.

Because they are determined to keep the theme going as long as possible and fill up your empty shelves. :wink:

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Because they are determined to keep the theme going as long as possible and fill up your empty shelves. :wink:

You can never have enough Hogwarts Express sets. 

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

There‘s so much cool new stuff they could still do, but instead we‘re getting pointless remakes and a buildable meme (which we may or may not have brought into existence ourselves) :tongue:

So we'll have Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station...

Now I get what you mean. :classic: :thumbup: Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade platform. Different enough to not make me regret the D2C though. 

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There‘s so much cool new stuff they could still do, but instead we‘re getting pointless remakes and a buildable meme (which we may or may not have brought into existence ourselves) :tongue:

Did you not want a Hogsmeade platform? I could be getting you mixed up with someone else it's been so long now. :laugh:

So the only sets the 2HY waves have going for them are Gringotts and the BoH. Oof. HP was supposed to destroy the mediocrity of this year‘s Marvel and Star Wars sets, not join them! :tongue:

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Did you not want a Hogsmeade platform? I could be getting you mixed up with someone else it's been so long now. :laugh:

Definitely not me, I couldn’t care less about a Hogsmeade station set :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Now I get what you mean. :classic: :thumbup: Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade platform. Different enough to not make me regret the D2C though. 

I guess we will see soon … hopefully :(

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely not me, I couldn’t care less about a Hogsmeade station set :laugh_hard:

Apologies. Well someone's going to be happy, jut not you. :laugh:

I wonder if they made a MOC for WWW shop? 

...what exactly is the point of selling this as a separate set? The DA one already included everything relevant :tongue: